mlettema

Commendable
May 18, 2020
Hello, I recently found out my memory is running at a very low speed, so I wanted to go into bios and change the speed. But when I rebooted my pc and spammed the delete button to enter the bios, nothing happened and it just booted into windows. I then thought it had to do with the keyboard because I was using an old one. I decided to buy a new one, but the issue was still happening. I then read online that clearing the cmos forced the pc to boot into the bios, but when I did that I still had to press delete, which wasn't working.

I took my pc to a local store where they got into bios in a second. I don't know why this is happening and I have been searching for a solution for months now. Any help would be very much appreciated! :)

Btw, my system specs are:

asus p67 sabertooth
i7 2600k
gtx 1050ti
16gb ddr3 at 1333MHz
and some drives

Solution
Just tried to hold the del key, but unfortunately no success. I'll get a basic kb and hope for the best.
Yeah try using another keyboard and see if the situation has been resolve...If you still face this problem try booting into BIOS using a P2 Keyboard and check in BIOS if USB legacy Support is enabled.
No they used a very cheap basic one, maybe thats the problem? My keyboards has lights in it, and they turn on after the screen which says press del to enter bios.

Just as I figured. Get yourself a basic keyboard, nothing flash, just for BIOS access.

However, there is a chance you aren't pressing the Del key soon enough.
Try pressing it and holding it down just before the splash-screen appears (don't release key until BIOS comes up).

mlettema

Commendable
May 18, 2020
Just as I figured. Get yourself a basic keyboard, nothing flash, just for BIOS access.

However, there is a chance you aren't pressing the Del key soon enough.
Try pressing it and holding it down just before the splash-screen appears (don't release key until BIOS comes up).
Just tried to hold the del key, but unfortunately no success. I'll get a basic kb and hope for the best.