[SOLVED] Can't enter/view Bios Gigabyte H310M H2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

clagbag

Honorable
Jan 28, 2017
I am having trouble getting into the Bios after I updated it.

Pc is a from Punch Technology, I got the Bios from their website
I called Punch and they said, its out of warranty so can't help.

Specs:
Gigabyte h310m h2.0
I5 9400F
16gb ram
480gb ssd
1tb ssd

When I press Delete key Pc pauses but nothing is displayed on the screen. I don't know if I'm in the Bios but can't view it, or something else.
I removed the cmos battery for 10 minutes but this did nothing.
I am using pc with a TV not a monitor. I can't plug HDMI into mobo because cpu is I5 9400F, only works with GPU.

Before Bios update I would get a PUNCH logo before the window 10 welcome screen. But now I get nothing until the welcome screen appears. I don't know if its just the TV not displaying it

Appreciate any help/thoughts.

Solution
curious, F13b doesn't appear on the Gigabyte website. I wonder if Gigabyte make the boards for Punch or if Punch just alter the BIOS launcher to include that flash screen. Other mb makers would do similar.

And said if it came with windows it'll need their Bios, but if it didn't then it would have had The Gigabyte bios (or it could have been the other way round).
that is odd. The Gigabyte BIOS will work with any operating system.

So instructions say you used Q flash to update bios, shame you can't see BIOS now.

Its not real nice that they have custom bios and then won't support PC once its out of warranty. Good reason to avoid them really.

Why do you want to get into BIOS?

Colif

Win 11 Master
If you use HDMI to connect monitor, try Display Port
Some BIOS only show on some connections

Its obviously working since PC is.

Is it win 10?
  1. go to settings/update & security/recovery
  2. under advanced startup, click restart now button
  3. this restarts PC in a blue menu
  4. choose troubleshoot
  5. choose advanced
  6. choose UEFI firmware interface
  7. PC should restart in the BIOS

Colif

Win 11 Master
was this bios version F14a?
https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/H310M-H-20-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

odd to get bios updates from PC maker, you normally get them from MB Maker.

I really don't like CPU without igpu but then I have one... it makes this difficult. I wonder if its displaying bios to an igpu channel... can't really get in to change it.

its odd, I can't find anyone else with same board and same problem.

clagbag

Honorable
Jan 28, 2017
Bios was this one

How to update the BIOS on your Gigabyte H310M-H v.2.0 motherboard (F13b) Punch Technology H310MH2.0GK.F13b – Punch Technology Help Centre

Punch told me PC came from Ebuyer.com website so they don't have much information on it. And said if it came with windows it'll need their Bios, but if it didn't then it would have had The Gigabyte bios (or it could have been the other way round). I bought it used so I don't know what it came with.

It did used to display the PUNCH logo on start up so I guess it must have had their Bios?

Colif

Win 11 Master
curious, F13b doesn't appear on the Gigabyte website. I wonder if Gigabyte make the boards for Punch or if Punch just alter the BIOS launcher to include that flash screen. Other mb makers would do similar.

And said if it came with windows it'll need their Bios, but if it didn't then it would have had The Gigabyte bios (or it could have been the other way round).
that is odd. The Gigabyte BIOS will work with any operating system.

So instructions say you used Q flash to update bios, shame you can't see BIOS now.

Its not real nice that they have custom bios and then won't support PC once its out of warranty. Good reason to avoid them really.

Why do you want to get into BIOS?

Solution

clagbag

Honorable
Jan 28, 2017
I don't need to get into the BIOS at the moment, The reason I updated it was because I had added a second hard drive but it didn't appear in disk management. Updating the bios was one of the solutions. Later I discovered the sata cable was not in SSD properly. In the future I may need to get it.

Should I just flash the gigabyte bios?

I would say it's risky. If Punch modified the system to the point where it uses its own BIOS version there is good chance Gigabyte BIOS might not work at all. Or it might work but due to different defaults you might not be able to boot Windows anymore. The solution to the latter problem would be to copy current settings to apply them after flash but since you can't access BIOS now ... Overall I would advise to leave it as it is now, OR if possible you can try to flash back the BIOS version you used previously.

clagbag

Honorable
Jan 28, 2017
I phoned Punch Technology again and they said the GPU I'm using (GT 430) does not support UEFI unless legacy devices is enabled in the bios. So I was getting into the bios but it wasn't displaying on the TV. I replaced it with a GT 710 and I can now enter and view the bios.

Big thanks to Colif and DRagor for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.