Question Cant forward any port from my Windows 10

Mali_Budo

Prominent
Dec 7, 2022
I've tried to port forward 27015 for my csgo server both udp and tcp, also tried my teamspeak server 9987 udp. and none of them couldn't get opened. I'm using Windows 10 with the latest updates and ethernet connection from my router which is called Ubee Wifi Modem. Everything is set in my router settings such as static ip assigned to my PC. Also tried to give access through firewall, didn't work, tried turning off firewall and windows defender, still didn't work. So I called my ISP to see if they are blocking ports but they checked it and said that everything works fine. So I'm assuming that something on my Desktop is blocking the ports from being forwarded. Any idea what to do or try?

Two common causes of this.

1. The application is not actually running on the "server" or is running on a different port.
  2. You do not actually have a public IP address.
So can you connect to the server function from another local device using the local lan ip. This would verify that the application was functioning properly.

Next if you get into your router and look at the IP address that was assigned to the WAN port by your ISP is that the same IP you see with a site like whatsmyip. If they are different you do not have a public IP and it will never work.

I guess you could also try the DMZ option on your router to forward all ports just as a test. Some port forwarding rules on routers are very confusing where DMZ you just have to put in 1 IP address.

Mali_Budo

Prominent
Dec 7, 2022
Thanks for the fast reply. I've just checked and it seems that I don't have public ip adress. So I called my ISP and they told me that I have to pay additional money to be able to get public ip.