Question Can't get hinge to move....

May 28, 2019
I've got this old Lenovo laptop and one day the left hinge stopped bending effortlessly. Should have asked for help back then, as, in time, it ripped the housing apart so now I can see the hinge and effortlessly pull away the screen from the rest of the laptop.

I tried loosening up the nut on the end of the screw, I tried soaking it up with some vegetable oil... While the nut moved about 10°, I can't unscrew it completely - I guess it get's stuck or I somehow loose all grip on the nut in that position. I might need to disassemble the screen to make room for the pliers.

I also would appreciate knowing if the winding is in the classical direction, would be odd to tighten things instead of the opposite. I guess there's no reason it wouldn't be...

So could someone tip me off, if there's a way to loosen those hinges ? Might some proper kind of oil work or do i have to tear the whole screen apart first ?

I dread the day the other hinge does the same - not only won't I be able to close my laptop, but the screen might never come on again, if it's thinking the lid is down.