Question Cant Get Into PC BIOS On First Boot

Jul 23, 2024
Hello,

Me and my wife built her her first PC, but I’m having problems getting into the BIOS on boot. The keyboard is plugged in, but for some reason the del wont work. We’ve tried two keyboards to rule anything out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs are:

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4060 AERO OC 8G Graphics Card

AMD Ryzen 5 7600

GIGABYTE B650E AORUS ELITE X AX ICE AM5

Crucial P3 Plus 1TB PCIe Gen4 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD

Crucial Pro DDR5 RAM 32GB Kit

(Also, the VGA light is on)

Any help is greatly appreciated and it could either be the simplest problem or something I could never have figured out on my own.

Hello,

Me and my wife built her her first PC, but I’m having problems getting into the BIOS on boot. The keyboard is plugged in, but for some reason the del wont work. We’ve tried two keyboards to rule anything out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs are:

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4060 AERO OC 8G Graphics Card

AMD Ryzen 5 7600

GIGABYTE B650E AORUS ELITE X AX ICE AM5

Crucial P3 Plus 1TB PCIe Gen4 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD

Crucial Pro DDR5 RAM 32GB Kit

(Also, the VGA light is on)

Any help is greatly appreciated and it could either be the simplest problem or something I could never have figured out on my own.
Did you try Esc or any F keys, usually it's F1 for first BOOT and F2 or other after. If BIOS is set to Fast BOOT it may take a lot of key spamming to enter BIOS. Your CPU has an IGPU so you may want to use MB video output without DGPU installed. That should bypass eventual problems with it which seems it's happening "(Also, the VGA light is on).
One more thing, those Ryzen system are notorious for taking long time for first start, some times 5-15 or more minutes for "Memory training" which was mostly solved with later BIOS versions.

Jul 23, 2024
Did you try Esc or any F keys, usually it's F1 for first BOOT and F2 or other after. If BIOS is set to Fast BOOT it may take a lot of key spamming to enter BIOS. Your CPU has an IGPU so you may want to use MB video output without DGPU installed. That should bypass eventual problems with it which seems it's happening "(Also, the VGA light is on).
One more thing, those Ryzen system are notorious for taking long time for first start, some times 5-15 or more minutes for "Memory training" which was mostly solved with later BIOS versions.
Hey there, I actually ended up getting it solved. It was a 3 key combo (which is nuts). System is running fine now, except every time I start the PC I have press this 3 key combo to get out of the default “new CPU installed” screen and get into the rig where it functions fine.