Honorable
May 30, 2018
Hello,

I recently bought a new system.

MSI PRO X670-P WIFI AMD X670 So.AM5 Dual Channel DDR5 ATX Retail
RX 7900 XT from Sapphire
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
1050 W Power Supply

The system is running and the graphics card is lighting up, but its not recognized and the fans are NOT spinning.

Here is what I tried to resolve the issue:

1. Replace the motherboard
2. Switch cables around from the power supply (I read that in a help therad somewhere, but it didnt change anything
3. I checked all cable connections on both ends and I have 3 individual power cables connect to the GPU
4. Reset Bios
5. Updated Bios to the newest version
6. Looked in the bios settings and PCI is activated and should be running
7. Installed Win10&Win11 and both were fully update
8. I can't use another slot, because that wouldn't fit, but its the closest one to the CPU and since I already replaced the motherboard I doubt that its the issue.
9. Installed graphics drivers (3 different versions just to be safe)

I can use onboard graphics without issues so I tried all kinds of AMD/MSI Software/Firmware/Updates what ever I could find.

Since I already replaced the motherboard what would be the next way. I sadly have no other computer to verify that the garphics card is actually working and truth be told none of my friends are gamers. So its not so easy for me to find a way to test the card.

Is it possible that the power supply is the issue or maybe even the cables from the power supply?

I am open for any ideas if you have them. What would be the most sensible thing to replace next?

This is my first post of this kind so if I miss crucial information just let me know and I will provide them as best as possible

tobias.truttle

Honorable
May 30, 2018
As far as I am aware: Yes, because I don't have any spare cables. Its my first modular PSU.

edit: Maybe as a side note which cables I used:

1x: atx cable
2x: 8-pin cables which are labeld PSU on the one side and CPU on the other. PSU side went into the PSU and CPU into the two 8 pin slots on top of the motherboard
3x: 6+2-pin labled PSU on the one side and PCI on the other. PSU goes into the PSU again and PCI into the graphics card

Last edited: