May 24, 2020
Hi,

Im pretty new to overclocking so thats why I'm doing it on my old Phenom II x6 1055T. I have tried everything but cant get past 3.2Ghz. Ive tried different voltages, ht ref link and other things. It just wont get stable and i'll bluescreen. Can someone help me out?

Solution
Can you explain what FSB is? I tried to look it up on google but couldn't find an answer. Is it the number you change in order to raise the clockspeed? If yes thats what I use, didnt know it would effect my memory and PCI speed.
FSB = Front Side Bus.
FSB * CPU multiplier= CPU frequency.
Two ways to OC processor.
  1. Raise multiplier, mostly 2 numerals.
  2. Raise FSB (called BCLK in newer systems but essentially same thing). Mostly round number like 100 or 200.
Hi,

Im pretty new to overclocking so thats why I'm doing it on my old Phenom II x6 1055T. I have tried everything but cant get past 3.2Ghz. Ive tried different voltages, ht ref link and other things. It just wont get stable and i'll bluescreen. Can someone help me out?
Are you using FSB to OC ? If you do, it also affects PCI and Memory raising their values too making them unstable.

May 24, 2020
Are you using FSB to OC ? If you do, it also affects PCI and Memory raising their values too making them unstable.
Can you explain what FSB is? I tried to look it up on google but couldn't find an answer. Is it the number you change in order to raise the clockspeed? If yes thats what I use, didnt know it would effect my memory and PCI speed.

FSB = Front Side Bus.
  2. Raise FSB (called BCLK in newer systems but essentially same thing). Mostly round number like 100 or 200.

Solution
May 24, 2020
FSB = Front Side Bus.
I have a locked multiplier so i cant raise that, should I lower my ram speed and PCI? My FSB is 236.

I have a locked multiplier so i cant raise that, should I lower my ram speed and PCI? My FSB is 236.
Yes I know, that's why I asked about FSB.
Standrad FSB should be 200but what happens when you raise it is that PCI bus also goes higher than normal and that introduces it's instability. Should be able to lock it to 200 in BIOS.
Other thing is that RAM frequency also changes and RAM may not be able to stand it. Remedy is to lover RAM multiplier and it's frequency by a notch and/or raise RAM voltage.
CPU also may need higher voltage when overclocked.

May 24, 2020
Yes I know, that's why I asked about FSB.
Standrad FSB should be 200but what happens when you raise it is that PCI bus also goes higher than normal and that introduces it's instability. Should be able to lock it to 200 in BIOS.
Other thing is that RAM frequency also changes and RAM may not be able to stand it. Remedy is to lover RAM multiplier and it's frequency by a notch and/or raise RAM voltage.
CPU also may need higher voltage when overclocked.
Didnt know the PCI also raised, thats the input my GPU uses right? Should i just set the overclock of my GPU on manual and leave it on 200 instead of auto? I thinks thats the problem because i already lowered my RAM frequency