[SOLVED] Cant get past bios new pc windows 10

sirnacho

Prominent
Apr 12, 2022
Hi everyone I've just finished building a computer and was planning to install windows ten from a usb drive

I downloaded and iso file on my Mac and put it on the empty usb

I put it in my computer and went to bios to boot it is the only storage device that comes up on boot priority so I saved an exited

then my computer gave no signal and when the signal came back on it brought me straight back to the bios I have done this so many times I've lost count

I've turned off fast boot and it still doesn't fix the problem any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
fact BIOS sees the USB shows its bootable.

you don't really want the USB in the boot order
it being there can trip the isntall over later on.
I would take it out, and if its blank, leave as is.

Instead,
put USB in at startup
go to boot tab of advanced view
choose Boot Override
pick USB from list

PC should restart and boot from USB

Now if you keep getting no signal, thats a problem.

Does the GPU have extra power cables attached? I think that card needs an 8 pin, is it in snuggly as I had a problem a few years back where the cable wasn't on tightly enough and power wasn't getting to card.

take out whichever drive isn't getting windows, until you can get into windows. It won't cause this but windows likes to share, and this stops it...

sirnacho

Prominent
Apr 12, 2022
the specs are

Ryzen 5600x

Asus b550 motherboard

1tb nvme Samsung evo 970

250gb nvme wd blue

gtx 1660 (waiting to buy 3080)

corsair 16 gigs vengeance ram

anoig10

Prominent
Apr 14, 2020
Probably silly question: did you enter the .iso file in the USB drive? Because doing it does not make your disk bootable ... you must use the specific tool to create the bootable installer

Colif

Win 11 Master
fact BIOS sees the USB shows its bootable.

you don't really want the USB in the boot order
it being there can trip the isntall over later on.
I would take it out, and if its blank, leave as is.

Instead,
put USB in at startup
go to boot tab of advanced view
choose Boot Override
pick USB from list

PC should restart and boot from USB

Now if you keep getting no signal, thats a problem.

Does the GPU have extra power cables attached? I think that card needs an 8 pin, is it in snuggly as I had a problem a few years back where the cable wasn't on tightly enough and power wasn't getting to card.

take out whichever drive isn't getting windows, until you can get into windows. It won't cause this but windows likes to share, and this stops it putting boot partiions on spots it shouldn't

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master

https://jensd.be/1349/windows/create-a-bootable-windows-10-installation-usb-on-macos