[SOLVED] Can't get TV to display 4k at 60hz

Apr 13, 2021
Hi all,

I am trying to connect a mini PC to a TV and use the TV as the monitor, and I cannot get the TV to display 4k at 60hz (it is limited to 30hz). I have searched far and wide for potential solutions but has been unable to resolve it, and I am not sure what the issue is. I would be very much grateful for the forum's input.

PC: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08XJPST5P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • has i3-10110U processor, which has integrated intel graphics (10th gen) that I understand supports 4k at 60 hz
  • HDMI ports are 2.0
Cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RKJKJGC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • High speed HDMI (2.0b)
TV: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/un7300 (LG 65 inch tv; 43UN7300AUD)
  • It expressly says it supports 4k at 60hz and has HDMI 2.0
The HDMI input is labeled as PC.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you so much!

Solution
i dont know if 2.0b is combatable, what i do know that its the TV not the PC thats the problem. the way i fixed it was going into TV settings & chaging the HDMI port to enhanced from Strandard & my TV would restart & now i get 60FPS at 4K. hope this helps.

Check in your TV settings for something called HDMI format & Just change it to the enhanced, ive checked 2.0b is compatible with 4k60. so the option should be there. wording will be different but meaning the same.

rgd1101

Don't
look like there a motherboard chip that suppose to add support for 4k@60 on hdmi. intel NUC have them too.

did that usb-c port have dp(display port) output?
look like beelink use the same model name with different cpu/feature

did the mini pc id the tv? or as a generic?

Apr 13, 2021
look like there a motherboard chip that suppose to add support for 4k@60 on hdmi. intel NUC have them too.

did that usb-c port have dp(display port) output?
look like beelink use the same model name with different cpu/feature

did the mini pc id the tv? or as a generic?

Sorry can you clarify what you mean by whether the usb-c port has displayport output?

The PC identifies the screen as LG TV SSCR.

I downloaded all drivers from beelink and installed them.

bally30

Honorable
Jan 12, 2016
i have my pc connected to a tv & can do 4k 60FPS fine. i also had the problem your now facing found the solution was the TV . is your TV port HDMI 2.1?

send me the model number of your tv.

Apr 13, 2021
I believe TV HDMI is 2.0b at least from what I can find online. But that should work right?
I believe TV HDMI is 2.0b at least from what I can find online. But that should work right?

To add to the below I tested the PC on my larger TV in the living room which has clearly labeled 4K at 120hz HDMI slots and it once again came up with only 30 hz options so am not sure if it is the TV.

bally30

Honorable
Jan 12, 2016
i dont know if 2.0b is combatable, what i do know that its the TV not the PC thats the problem. the way i fixed it was going into TV settings & chaging the HDMI port to enhanced from Strandard & my TV would restart & now i get 60FPS at 4K. hope this helps.

Check in your TV settings for something called HDMI format & Just change it to the enhanced, ive checked 2.0b is compatible with 4k60. so the option should be there. wording will be different but meaning the same.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS