[SOLVED] Can't get Windows 10 to recognize my Razer X Headset

Jun 28, 2020
I just purchased a new Razer X headset that I can't get to work with my PC. Before this headset I used a Logitech G430 that came with its own USB adapter to connect the sound and mic cords. Through that USB adapter my PC has always been able to recognize my headset as a Logitech G430 headset (especially since I downloaded its driver). However this headset simply comes with a splitter into mic and headphone jacks, and I was able to download the Razer Surround 7.1 driver. Despite having this driver installed, my PC wont recognize the headset once I connect it (whether through the PC Case inputs or the motherboard inputs in the back). I built my computer, so I am beginning to wonder if I might have messed up the audio connections way back when I built it like 4 years ago or something. I feel like there is something wrong with the inputs themselves on my PC, though I do hear a low 'whitenoise' sound when I connect my razer into the pc (again both back and front) no matter what sound device I have enabled, implying that there is some connection.
rGlJT2X.png
PrEfCCl.png

Solution
I got it working. My solution to the problem was to uninstall my Sound Blaster driver, go to my motherboards support page and download it's audio driver (may have been more up to date then what I had), and then my Sound Blaster playback device was what my headset worked through at that point. I was even able to route it through the Razer surround 7.1 at that point. Now if only I could find a way to tweak my bass...
Jun 28, 2020
I got it working. My solution to the problem was to uninstall my Sound Blaster driver, go to my motherboards support page and download it's audio driver (may have been more up to date then what I had), and then my Sound Blaster playback device was what my headset worked through at that point. I was even able to route it through the Razer surround 7.1 at that point. Now if only I could find a way to tweak my bass...

Solution