Question Can't Install programs after trying Windows Update

Feb 22, 2018
Alright. I have Windows 10 OS Build 1909. There were some new updates on Windows Update that wouldn't install properly, kept getting error 0xe0000100. I tried doing some troubleshooting - did DISM, SFC, Reset Windows Update, Some Group Policy tweaks. Never got it to work, but I somehow introduced more problems. Specifically I noticed that I couldn't install the latest AMD Chipset Drivers. Got error 1720 (I believe). THEN I noticed AMD Ryzen Master was GONE. I tried to reinstall and I get INSTALLATION IS PROHIBITED ON THIS MACHINE. Last thing I noticed was a folder on my storage drive (D:\) called WindowsApps and not recognizing it I tried to open it and I get Access Denied (even though I am most definitely the Administrator).

If I can fix this without reinstalling Windows that would be great. Willing to try anything.

mrakha60

Prominent
Oct 31, 2018
I dont know what happend but i also having a problem with windows recent update. I got Bluescreen after updating my windows and i can only reinstall my windows.

Try check is your Disk is fine and theres no corrupted section in your disk because that sometime can lead to some problem like this. If ur disk is fine then maybe the problem is in windows update.

Feb 22, 2018
I dont know what happend but i also having a problem with windows recent update. I got Bluescreen after updating my windows and i can only reinstall my windows.

Try check is your Disk is fine and theres no corrupted section in your disk because that sometime can lead to some problem like this. If ur disk is fine then maybe the problem is in windows update.
I’ve ran check disk, there were some problems but were repaired. Windows update still didn’t work afterwards