Cant install UMODs

Please somebody help me with this one.....

When I try to install a UMOD (Remote Strike for instance), I get an error
which tells me that UMODS can't be installed into the folder (which is the
default C:\UT2004 ).

Is there a way round this?

TIA

BGG

"Billy Goat Gruff" <alb@ross.com> wrote in message
> Please somebody help me with this one.....
>
> When I try to install a UMOD (Remote Strike for instance), I get an error
> which tells me that UMODS can't be installed into the folder (which is the
> default C:\UT2004 ).
>
> Is there a way round this?
>
> TIA
> BGG

Can try this registry file fixer.
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/UT2Kx_Regcheck

Or manually.
open up a folder, my documents or something...
go to tools>folder options>file types
find UT4MOD in the list
click on advanced
in actions you should have "&Install this UT2004 module" (if you dont create
a new one and enter the above text, and if you do click on edit)
C:\UT2004\System\Setup.exe install "%1"

in application used to perform action type in
use dde checked
application - setup
Topic - System

If that doesn't work this Umod extractor should but you will have to
manually install the extracted files.
http://files.filefront.com/849099

Thanks Lee :)

The thing that worked was the UMOD extractor but I'm happy enough with that.

BGG