Question Can't install Windows 10 because of virus?

brutes78

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020
Help installing Windows 10 on laptop

Hi everyone,

A few days ago I caught a virus that created some automatic tasks trough task scheduler. I also downloaded a few program like Malwarebytes, HitmanPro and got rid of it. I wanted to make sure so I went and downloaded ISO of Windows and created a bootable USB with Rufus. I choose everything in BIOS but when I boot from USB I just get blue screen and that's it. Nothing happens.

Can someone please help me because it's driving me mad.

Thanks in advance

Help installing Windows 10 on laptop

Hi everyone,

A few days ago I caught a virus that created some automatic tasks trough task scheduler. I also downloaded a few program like Malwarebytes, HitmanPro and got rid of it. I wanted to make sure so I went and downloaded ISO of Windows and created a bootable USB with Rufus. I choose everything in BIOS but when I boot from USB I just get blue screen and that's it. Nothing happens.

Can someone please help me because it's driving me mad.

Thanks in advance
What changes did you make to the bios; do you mean you enabled secure boot and disabled csm? Since this is a laptop are you sure that only 1 drive is connected (its a preference of the windows installer) and that the drive is empty with no leftover partitions from the laptop's manufacturer (since they like to leave hidden recovery partitions)? The installer works easiest when the 1 drive has a GPT identifier and all of its space is unallocated. So if you wish you can use a partitioning tool like Gparted to examine the drive, see what's really on it, and make changes if necessary.