[SOLVED] Can't reset Windows... and a plethora of other issues.

AidenLee

Reputable
Nov 18, 2019
Everytime I reset my PC, it gets to about 50-70% and then stops and proceeds to "undo changes." Not only that, but when I attempt to login, I get a Profile Service Failed the sign in. User Profile Cannot be Loaded. I have tried to fix this issue with a few different steps but none have been successful. I tried launching in safe mode, but just got a blank white screen and nothing else.

Probably unnecessary for this issue but here are my core specs:

i9 9900k (I believe)
RTX 2070 Super
16GB Ram
I have an Msi Gaming Plus motherboard, not sure which one exactly
And an 850 Gold Plus power supply.
(I know not everything is super detailed)

Edit: PC cannot seem to go into safe mode, takes me right back to the login screen.

Last edited:
Solution
New issue, can't even do that reset. I got to 90% and it said "Undoing Changes."
Then you are not doing a clean install. Here's a guide for a clean install.

AidenLee

Reputable
Nov 18, 2019
Resets never work properly. Do a clean install. Format the drive and install it clean.

Alright sounds good, at first I wasn't sure about that option due to it saying that this option is for recycling the PC but now that I look into it a lot of people suggest that option. Thanks! I am going to give that a go now.

Last edited:

AidenLee

Reputable
Nov 18, 2019
I am having some issues with my PC so I decided to do a reset. First, I selected the "keep my files" option. It would keep undoing changes. I the chose the complete fresh install of everything option, I got to 90% and it undid everything. Currently, I cannot get into my PC because everytime I try and login it gives me a "User Profile Service service failed the sign in." I also cannot launch the PC into safe mode as I get a blank white screen.

bignastyid

Titan
New issue, can't even do that reset. I got to 90% and it said "Undoing Changes."

Reactions: AidenLee
Solution

AidenLee

Reputable
Nov 18, 2019

Yes, I was not doing that, that's the real deal. The PC in question is running windows 10, I will buy a flash drive and install windows on it, should I install windows 10 onto it or 11?

AidenLee

Reputable
Nov 18, 2019
Either way should be fine. If you go with 11 you may need to change some bios settings to get it installed.

Also one last thing that I am confused on, so my issue is that I can't reset my PC so windows is still installed on it. So installing a new version of windows onto a flash drive and then installing it onto a PC with windows already on it? Maybe I am just confused. Or do I need a completely new hard drive.

Edit: Should I disconnect my two hard drives and then just leave the drive that windows is installed on and THEN try the reset?
I also have heard that clearing CMOS has helped...

USAFRet

Titan
Also one last thing that I am confused on, so my issue is that I can't reset my PC so windows is still installed on it. So installing a new version of windows onto a flash drive and then installing it onto a PC with windows already on it? Maybe I am just confused. Or do I need a completely new hard drive.

Edit: Should I disconnect my two hard drives and then just leave the drive that windows is installed on and THEN try the reset?
I also have heard that clearing CMOS has helped...
You should have only ONE drive physically connected.

Then, do a whole new install, exactly like this:

AidenLee

Reputable
Nov 18, 2019
You should have only ONE drive physically connected.

Then, do a whole new install, exactly like this:

Alright, so I should disconnected the two drives and leave just the one and then do the reset?