Question Can't seem to figure out what is causing my BSODs ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

michael.vaught1998

Reputable
Jan 1, 2018
I've been having BSODS for most of this mouth and I've done everything to try and fix everything besides running driver verifier. I know it's not a hardware problem since there is no overheating or faulty hardware like ram since I already ran tests in the past. The BSODS only seem to occur when I doing something in the browsers like watching YouTube or exploring the net or sometimes just idling around or do something in desktop while something like Discord is open. Nothing ever happens when I play Video Games for a long period only when the net or desktop is involved does the Bsod happen and it's mostly APC related. I'm am stump to be honest and I would like some help please if anyone doesn't mind.

https://www.dropbox.com/t/jQD9KiOy48TmpkZK here's a link to all the BSODS I've collected.

PC Specs
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (not overclocked or x series or xt)
Graphics Card: Radeon XT 5500 8gb XFX
Motherboard: Gigabyte AMD B550 Aorus PRO AC, BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F1, 5/14/2020
Windows 10 PRO latest version- Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043
32G of RAM

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is there a possibility that this is either A. Software issue or B. Ram hardware issue where I need to replace 4 of the sticks?
I don't think its ram.
fact you can play games and it doesn't happen makes me think its not ram, ram errors tend to be random and blame different drivers.
Neither dump result looks like ram. If ram is involved you get Page faults which while sounding like errors, are in fact normal operations of an operating system with virtual memory. Page fault means CPU can't find info it needs on its onboard caches and has to access RAM. A hard page fault just means info isn't in ram but storage.
Neither of your crashes have either type of fault.

Do you have a cd drive?

michael.vaught1998

Reputable
Jan 1, 2018
I don't think its ram.
fact you can play games and it doesn't happen makes me think its not ram, ram errors tend to be random and blame different drivers.
Neither dump result looks like ram. If ram is involved you get Page faults which while sounding like errors, are in fact normal operations of an operating system with virtual memory. Page fault means CPU can't find info it needs on its onboard caches and has to access RAM. A hard page fault just means info isn't in ram but storage.
Neither of your crashes have either type of fault.

Do you have a cd drive?

No I don't have any CD drives only SSD and A hardrive and I have done checks on these to find errors, to which, there were none. At this point, I think it's windows 10 itself and I might need to do a clean-nuke reinstall of it. Of course, I don't really know, like the title says "I'm stumped".

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/khcdLvt6/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:080222-8593-01.dmp (Aug 2 2022 - 15:45:29)
Bugcheck:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for amdkmdag.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 18 Hour(s), 23 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed.
Comment: The overclocking driver "AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys" was found on your system.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
that ones caused by your amd GPU drivers
Apr 28 2022amdkmdag.sysAMD Graphics driver

try running ddu in safe mode, uninstall AMD GPU drivers, boot back into windows and either:
  1. Get drivers from AMD; or
  2. Run windows update and let windows find older Drivers that might be more stable. They are from AMD but older.

"AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys"
this is part of the driver software so it is probably on every AMD system (I know I have it)

michael.vaught1998

Reputable
Jan 1, 2018
I recently added this to the list of known overdriving software after seeing johnbl mention it, and asking for it to be removed.

So I reinstalled windows and installed every driver that is up to date as recent as possible. So far, I haven't had a blue screen within the 5 or 6 days since reinstalling windows 10. And before the reinstall, I did run ddu and even uninstalled AMD adrenalin software completely. It seems reinstalling Windows 10 seemed to do the trick. I also bought myself this video card https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-rad...c-16gd/p/N82E16814932381?Item=N82E16814932381 and I plan on moving my parts into a different case while at some point also replacing the CPU. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know if anything comes up.

Reactions: Colif

Colif

Win 11 Master
Seems I can't even like posts without jinxing you. Gardenman having a break so I converted them

File: 082722-6046-01.dmp (Aug 27 2022 - 17:41:08)
BugCheck: [PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: opera.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 56 Min(s), and 19 Sec(s)

File: 082522-6437-01.dmp (Aug 25 2022 - 16:38:39)
BugCheck: [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime: 1 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 14 Min(s), and 49 Sec(s)

File: 080322-5625-01.dmp (Aug 3 2022 - 18:21:09)
BugCheck: [KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE (162)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: RadeonSoftware.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 31 Min(s), and 47 Sec(s)
Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed.

Results
strange victims

try running Win10 Auto Installation Program (NDIS) under windows header here - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

hows 6800xt going? I might buy one later in year.

michael.vaught1998

Reputable
Jan 1, 2018
I haven't got around to installing it since I've been too busy with work. A lot of memory courrption and I did do a memtest86 last night with four passes with no errors. I'm really starting to hope that thee bsods are the result of my hardware failing. I alos think I need to clean the hardware, which is something I haven't done since April. Plus. I'm going to do cleaning fans + replaceing the thermal paste of my cpu while moving everything else into another case which is a nzxt 510 case from a AeroCool PGS B Series Mechatron-Black Steel Edition Black 0.6 SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case https://www.newegg.com/black-aerocool-pgs-b-series-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811196046 since the mouthboard can't fit into the io shield area properly.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The last 2 could be drivers, both happened after CPU accessed ram and didn't get result it was expecting. This can be caused by drivers giving wrong instructions.

they weren't the same actions:
one happened after CPU accessed ram and was given bad instructions as it tried to access another section of ram it didn't have access to and PC crashed.
In the other it just looked at ram and crashed after that.

Have you taken it to a repair store? they can test another set of ram in PC instead of buying a new set to see if that fixes it.
why do you want hardware to fail?

did you get any software updates just before the last 2 bsod happened?
you had 3 bsod on reports, 2 were the last 3 days and one was on Aug 3 but that was seemingly before you got a new GPU. So might be fixed.

what day did you reinstall windows?
So far, I haven't had a blue screen within the 5 or 6 days since reinstalling windows 10.
I just curious how you have a Dump from August 3 when you clean installed since then?

Last edited: