Can't shutdown or restart my comp

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
i can't get my computer to restart or shutdown. everytime i tell it to restart or shutdown it goes to that " window is now shutting down" screen and nothing happens afterwards.
i know it is because of my onboard raid. i only have one of my hdisk in raid o (striping mode ) and when i disabled raid, the computer shuts down properly. if i enable it, i won't be able to shut down my computer anymore, meaning that i have to manually press the power button. any help will be greatly appriciated.

10GHZ

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
i had my window installed on my 40 gig hdisk and that's on primary master (normal) but i had my old 4 gig hdisk on raid socket i dont' boot from that ,only uses it as a scondary hdisk. i/m uses a MSI K7T266 Pro2RU
mainboard and it has a onboard Promise lite raid controller on it. i can just disable it in Bios, after that window shuts down properly but if i enable it it stuffs up again.

svol

Champion
Check if there are any resource (ie. IRQ) conflicts between the RAID controller and the other components. Also check if you got the latest drivers.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .