Question Can't turn cellular data on for apps on iPhone!

Dollas4Eva_SR

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
I was trying to save data on my phone so I turned off cellular data for most of my apps. Unfortunately, my iPhone decided to automatically reset all cellular data statistics for my phone. So now, the apps that I previously turned off have dissapeared because the system thinks it haven't used cellular data yet for those apps (since the statistics were reset). The problem is that now I want to use cellular data for those apps but they are still turned off and I cannot find the app under the cellular data section in settings. This means that I can only use these apps under WiFi which is extremely frustrating.

Please help me with this! I feel like the only solution is to delete each app and reinstall it, but I would like to see if there are other solutions first. Thanks.

Dollas4Eva_SR

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
They should be there in the settings under mobile data if you scroll down. Failing that look in each apps settings in the settings menu individually and turn it on.

Unfortuantely they do not appear where you described, and I have checked there at least 100 times by now. The option to turn each off in the app settings menu does not appear as well. So I feel like I’m stuck unless I delete & reinstall the apps, which I’m hesitant to do.

Unfortuantely they do not appear where you described, and I have checked there at least 100 times by now. The option to turn each off in the app settings menu does not appear as well. So I feel like I’m stuck unless I delete & reinstall the apps, which I’m hesitant to do.
What OS are you on? Have you tried turning it off an on again? Also you can always go to an apple store and ask

Reactions: Dollas4Eva_SR

Dollas4Eva_SR

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
What OS are you on? Have you tried turning it off an on again? Also you can always go to an apple store and ask

Ah-ha, I didn’t realize IOS 12.4 was out. Not sure if it’s gonna fix my issues but I’ll install it as soon as possible and then check back in here

Dollas4Eva_SR

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015

I’m running the latest version on my iPhone 8 Plus which is
GL I'm on iOS 13 atm ;)

Good news! The apps now appear back where they are supposed to be. They appear still switched off (for cellular data) and now I am able to turn them back on. Good thing there was a new update! Thank god for convenient timing. I guess if this didn’t work, I would try offloading the apps and then reinstalling them but that doesn’t matter because now it works. Thanks for the help! That was an easy fix.

I’m running the latest version on my iPhone 8 Plus which is

Good news! The apps now appear back where they are supposed to be. They appear still switched off (for cellular data) and now I am able to turn them back on. Good thing there was a new update! Thank god for convenient timing. I guess if this didn’t work, I would try offloading the apps and then reinstalling them but that doesn’t matter because now it works. Thanks for the help! That was an easy fix.
Good, glad it's working