Question Can't update my drivers because windows always crashed due to driver.

spoorkylarva

Prominent
Aug 24, 2021
So as the title said my pc keeps crashing due to drivers, it last about 4-5 minutes after boot then it will freeze.. sometimes a watchdog bsod something pops up..
can't find the driver anywhere pls help
my spec
CPU : i7-12700kf
GPU : RTX 3060
MOBO : ROG STRIX B660-A D4 Gaming wifi d4

So as the title said my pc keeps crashing due to drivers, it last about 4-5 minutes after boot then it will freeze.. sometimes a watchdog bsod something pops up..
can't find the driver anywhere pls help
my spec
CPU : i7-12700kf
GPU : RTX 3060
MOBO : ROG STRIX B660-A D4 Gaming wifi d4
Hello there!
Have you tried booting to safe mode? System restore could also help.Last known good configuration could also help.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...afe-mode-b90e7808-80b5-a291-d4b8-1a1af602b617

most of the time it just freeze forever i need to force turn off by holding the power button...sometimes CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT pops up and its zero forever also needs to force shut down
Is booting throught safe mode with command prompt possible?? If yes try solution 7 from below link.
If nothing helps you might face to clean install as the last option.

spoorkylarva

Prominent
Aug 24, 2021
Clock watchdog timeout could be CPU.

Do you have newest BIOS on motherboard?

I would run this after Memtest, it will take a long time (lke memtest will) so I would run overnight

Prime 95 bootable - https://www.infopackets.com/news/10113/how-fix-bootable-prime95-stress-test-hardware

Prime 95 how to Guide: http://www.playtool.com/pages/prime95/prime95.html

OH and another thing my mobo somehow got 8+4 cpu pin power..i just connect the 8 and ignore the rest 4..maybe this that cause crashed somehow?

i have passed the test what to do now
If memtest passed with NO errors that says a lot of the machine functions.

Perhaps check if you have the correct bios and chipset driver.

spoorkylarva

Prominent
Aug 24, 2021
somehow today i manage to install all my drivers...but the crash still popping CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT but rarely...i did a stress test on my cpu it works perfectly without crash??

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you run prime 95?

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

spoorkylarva

Prominent
Aug 24, 2021
Have you run prime 95?

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Folder is empty....i will try to reach u after next crash