Hi, I am having trouble viewing power point slide shows people send me via
email. I recently did my critical and security updates and since doing that
it hasn't worked to view these files..they worked before the updates. When I
try to open a .pps file I get this message: This file does not have a
program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association
in the folder options control panel.

I went into my folder options in control panel and do not see anything that
says about creating an association.

I have also downloaded the free power point view 2003 from microsofts web
site, installed it and still cannot view .pps files..when I go to open it I
get the message I stated above.

Can someone please guide me on how to fix this problem. I do appreciate
your help in advance.

Carm

Hi Carm,

This is a known problem with Windows XP SP2 vs PPV 2003. To workaround the
problem, save the .PPS / .PPT attachment to the hard drive and then open it.
See here for more information:

Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Outlook Express?:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ppsopen.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User