Car radio has aux ports, doesn't have aux mode

lakimens

Honorable
Hello, my family has a 84 Opel Kadett. There's a 10+ year old radio in it. The radio has aux ports, 2 ports, for left and right channel. Well, the radio doesn't have a mode for it. Because there's no FM antenna, i switched it to FM mode and the sound from the phone(aux) was on top of the FM noise, also I think the volume didn't matter as it completely cut off on 0 and had no change if it was 100 or 1.
Radio is Roadstar, I've tried to find it, no luck.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
and what do you want to do with it, fix it on one radio station or add a radio in the inputs you mention?

sounds complicated enough to consider replacing it, or just disable it and add another aftermarket radio if it can't be removed

4745454b

Titan
An "aux" port is found on the front of the radio. What are you talking about sounds like an output for an amp. More so if they are white and red. I had a car stereo that had an aux jack on it and it worked great. You plug a 3.5mm "patch" cable into it from your audio device (phone, mp3 player, etc) and the stereo. If those jacks are on the back, it's not an AUX port.

4745454b

Titan
I looked at a 9 page German "manual", but it didn't have any jack info. The power plug info was there, but I didn't see any info on the jacks. RCA jacks aren't AUX jacks. They can be ins or outs for amps and other things. If it is an in you might need a 3.5mm to RCA adapter to make it work. If the volume didn't work it might need to be controlled on the phone/mp3 player.

I saw something in the specs that mentioned 1000mV @ 10000Ohms This would be a standard line-level input for an amp, that you could attach a cassette player to. There is bound to be some control that will let you select that input for playback.