Jul 16, 2021
I am thinking of creating a build with the following parts:
CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K (not planning on overclocking)
CPU Cooler: Noctua nh-u12a
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce rtx 3080
RAM: Corsair Vengeance @ 2933 Mhz (4x8gb)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 Aorus pro ax
SSD: SK Hynix Gold p31 1tb m.2 pcie
PSU: evga g3 1kw "80+ gold modular atx"
can anyone give any reccomendations on a case to buy? Please keep in mind I am a beginner, and any recommendations on improving my current build and if you find any compatibility issues please also reply! I would also prefer a mid tower atx case :)
if you recommend a hardware improvement, I would like the current list price to total out to be less than 2.8k usd. currently all of the parts add up to about 2.2k atm

Solution
It really depends on the form factor you're going for. If you need a compact case on a budget with good airflow you can't go wrong with

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Crystal-Series-280X/p/CC-9011134-WW

or

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...MicroATX-and-Mini-ITX-PC-Case/p/CC-9011069-WW

both lines are dual chamber designs, making cable management a breeze and have excellent air flow for the size. Both have very solid, rigid quality to them. Maybe except for cabide series thumb screws...on air 240, but at 80ish bucks it's easy to ignore.

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
I am thinking of creating a build with the following parts:
CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K (not planning on overclocking)
CPU Cooler: Noctua nh-u12a
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce rtx 3080
RAM: Corsair Vengeance @ 2933 Mhz (4x8gb)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 Aorus pro ax
SSD: SK Hynix Gold p31 1tb m.2 pcie
PSU: evga g3 1kw "80+ gold modular atx"
can anyone give any reccomendations on a case to buy? Please keep in mind I am a beginner, and any recommendations on improving my current build and if you find any compatibility issues please also reply! I would also prefer a mid tower atx case :)
if you recommend a hardware improvement, I would like the current list price to total out to be less than 2.8k usd. currently all of the parts add up to about 2.2k atm

So considering your specs it's a heavy build so the cases should be full of ventilations
i would recommend Corsair Crystal Icue 465X it's a mid tower ATX case and good for air flow as well.

I have a 3080 as well and i use thermaltake Level MT 20 for it it has a lot of ventilation holes 3 intake fans in front and bought 3 outtake fans for it.
My temps stay around 74 degrees in hot weather during load and 54 to 56 Idle
If i take the glass off then the temps are much much lower.
But do remember one thing that 3080 memory temps are much much higher and nothing helps me in keeping that lower.

Any case you buy just make sure it has lots and lots of ventilation because 3080 is a very hot card.
Also the ram you are purchasing it's speed is very low
and you won't get the best out of your processor with that speed go for minimum 3200mhz and ideal 3600 or above

Jul 16, 2021
So considering your specs it's a heavy build so the cases should be full of ventilations
i would recommend Corsair Crystal Icue 465X it's a mid tower ATX case and good for air flow as well.

I have a 3080 as well and i use thermaltake Level MT 20 for it it has a lot of ventilation holes 3 intake fans in front and bought 3 outtake fans for it.
My temps stay around 74 degrees in hot weather during load and 54 to 56 Idle
If i take the glass off then the temps are much much lower.
But do remember one thing that 3080 memory temps are much much higher and nothing helps me in keeping that lower.

Any case you buy just make sure it has lots and lots of ventilation because 3080 is a very hot card.
Also the ram you are purchasing it's speed is very low
and you won't get the best out of your processor with that speed go for minimum 3200mhz and ideal 3600 or above
On Intel's page listing the specs of the 10900k it says it supports ddr4-2933 so im pretty sure that anything above 2933 is redundant... correct me if im wrong

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
It really depends on the form factor you're going for. If you need a compact case on a budget with good airflow you can't go wrong with

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Crystal-Series-280X/p/CC-9011134-WW

or

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...MicroATX-and-Mini-ITX-PC-Case/p/CC-9011069-WW

both lines are dual chamber designs, making cable management a breeze and have excellent air flow for the size. Both have very solid, rigid quality to them. Maybe except for cabide series thumb screws...on air 240, but at 80ish bucks it's easy to ignore.

Solution