MarshallLGS

Honorable
Apr 27, 2019
Hi guys,
I have Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 ARGB that comes with 3x120mm front intake fans and 1x120mm rear exhaust fan.
I've recently installed 2x140mm fans at the top as exhaust...
The problem is that the first 140mm top fan kinda exhausts the cool air and the rear 120mm fan is almost useless now since it rarely exhausts any air after installing the top fans.
The second 140mm top fan is the one exhausting the heat.
Any ideas?
(All fans are 1,200 RPM)
View: https://i.imgur.com/CIZ8lvp.jpg

Thanks,

Ralston18

Titan
Likely that the exhaust from the CPU fan is being pulled straight up via the second 140 mm exhaust fan.

The 120 mm fan probably impeding airflows somewhat

How are the component temperatures? If the temperatures are all in spec and stay that way under various loads then leave well enough alone.

Or, if someone spots some problem, then that problem can be specifically addressed.

Do not rely on your sense of feel with respect to the airflows as to what is being cooled or not cooled.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Lutfij

Titan
If I were you, I'd stick to removing all fans at the top, let the heat from the case get exhausted courtesy of convection. The rear fan has something to do at that pint and you might want to remove the dust filter that's meant to go above the case.

You could add a fan at the top fan mounting location above the CPU cooler and see if your temps are favorable, in case the temps weren't that good in your setup pictured above.

Per my colleague above, I wouldn't rely solely on your hands to be your thermometer or temp gauge.

Reactions: thestryker
Hi guys,
I have Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 ARGB that comes with 3x120mm front intake fans and 1x120mm rear exhaust fan.
I've recently installed 2x140mm fans at the top as exhaust...
The problem is that the first 140mm top fan kinda exhausts the cool air and the rear 120mm fan is almost useless now since it rarely exhausts any air after installing the top fans.
The second 140mm top fan is the one exhausting the heat.
Any ideas?
(All fans are 1,200 RPM)
Return the 140mm fans if you can. Or replace the 120mm front fans with the 140mm fans unless you have something in the bottom compartment that needs airflow (PSU doesn't count, since it will get air from the bottom of the case).

Top fan mounts for most cases are only useful for AIO radiators.

If you want to lower the CPU temps, consider getting something else for it. That looks like a stock cooler.

Reactions: CountMike