[SOLVED] Case fans under gpu.

Jan 24, 2021
Would two regular old case fans under my GPU reduce temps or do anything? I have an RX 5700 XT running around 67-80°c under loads.

My case is the lian li lancool 2 mesh, the area I was to put the fans is right above my PSU the area is perforated, the psu fan is facing the bottom of the case so no hot air is going up towards the GPU

Solution
I had good results putting 2 cheap 140mm fans I had at the bottom of my case. It made about a 3-4c difference to my gpu. This is in addition to the intake and exhaust fans I already had. My guess is most of the fresh air coming in the front actually goes straight over the gpu. The 2 fans at the bottom give a direct flow of fresh air under the gpu.
I had good results putting 2 cheap 140mm fans I had at the bottom of my case. It made about a 3-4c difference to my gpu. This is in addition to the intake and exhaust fans I already had. My guess is most of the fresh air coming in the front actually goes straight over the gpu. The 2 fans at the bottom give a direct flow of fresh air under the gpu.

Solution