case serial no

irt

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Hello

I'm looking to do a warranty claim on a possible defect on my case however I don't have the box it came in anymore and I was wondering if it was possible to download software to find the case serial number..... or do I have to go looking for it physically?

not sure if it had a sticker that peeled off but there are no numbers etc on the outside so if it cant be done with software i'll have to open it up and take a look, just wondering thanks

irt

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011

yes comptuer tower case - the audio port on the front doesnt work at all and i tried the mobo in a different old case and it works perfect so I think audio header or port is bad on front of case.

so if i cant find a sticker anywhere with the serial number on the case how can i identify the serial of the case to lodge a warranty ticket? i was hoping maybe some software could extract the info??? google doesnt help much with this question

No. Not possible.
Any serial numbers would be on packaging only. And you can't return it without original packaging.

Just get something like this:
DSC_0448.JPG

irt

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011

Thanks for your reply, I never thought about that, but yes that could be a quick fix to my problem. :)

Also when you said not possible - someone told me that you can download software and extract all serial numbers including the case.... I thought that the case had USB ports that just link into the motherboard, wouldn't the serial number be stored in those ports? thanks for the help