CAT 5 To Computer and Router At The Same Time?

Jan 7, 2019
For whatever reason the wifi on my IMac does not work. Apple support could not figure it out so my short term fix is to unplug the Cat 5 from the router and plug it directly from the wall into my computer. Unfortunately that means there is no wifi in the house when I am using the computer. Afraid what it will cost to take the IMac in for repair so wondering if there is a way that the Cat5 can come from the wall and plug into my computer and router at the same time. Not a techie so could use some help.

Jan 7, 2019
I guess that's what is weird about the situation. Started out as bad wifi signal with the computer. No issues with wifi on any other devices. After 3 hours on the phone with local ISP my computer wouldn't even boot up so they sent me to Apple. He had me hold all kinds of keys as I started it up but nothing worked so he referred me to a local Apple certified repair place. Computer was 6 days beyond a year so might not be warranties. I managed to get the computer running but the wifi doesn't work which was the original problem. So now the wifi works on all tablets and phones but not my computer. I unplug the Cat 5 from one of the ports on the router and plug it directly to the computer when I need it but then there is no wifi. Trying to see if there is a way to take the yellow cable coming from the wall and have it connect to the computer and one of the ports on the router so they work at the same time. Can that be done?