Question Cat knocked monitor, now I audio only from left

zacreep

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
This morning around 5 AM my cat decided to get behind my monitor and knock it over, i was just waking up and usually turn on my pc for it to start booting up while i go to the bathroom brush my teeth etc. but anyways while my computer was doing its thing my cat knocked over my monitor and it got unplugged and fell (luckily it didn't break) but then my computer started to make an odd noise that i have never heard it make in my 3-4 years of owning it. So I get everything back in order and restart my computer and its running fine and sounds normal again, but when i open youtube i notice i can only hear on my left speaker, its a usb headset so i dont have anything to try it on to test if its the headset or my pc and i dont have any other headsets but when i tried other usb ports it still didnt work. is there any possible way to fix this or anything? the headset was pretty expensive and the only way i was able to afford it was by winning a giveaway for it :LOL:

Lutfij

Titan
If you're on WIndows 10, you can locate the headset from Device Manager and remove it, reboot computer and then see if the drivers installed automatically changes anything. At this point you should be able to get a hold of a laptop or a door system to see if your headset works on the donor system.

That being said, please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Then include your headset's make and model.

jamesanyoung

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
There is a chance that the output was damaged by the computer falling.

test the headset in your phone or something to make sure that's not the problem.

Once you have confirmed the headset is not broken, you can move forward with Lufij's' steps.

zacreep

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
There is a chance that the output was damaged by the computer falling.

test the headset in your phone or something to make sure that's not the problem.

Once you have confirmed the headset is not broken, you can move forward with Lufij's' steps.
Only the monitor fell, so i dont think the computer will be damaged all though i will check incase, also since its USB i cant connect it my phone, but i will see if i can get my brother to let me try it on his computer, Thanks!

zacreep

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
If you're on WIndows 10, you can locate the headset from Device Manager and remove it, reboot computer and then see if the drivers installed automatically changes anything. At this point you should be able to get a hold of a laptop or a door system to see if your headset works on the donor system.

That being said, please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Then include your headset's make and model.

Heres my specs:

CPU: AMD FX 6300
Motherboard: Not sure
Ram: 16 GB DDR3
SSD/HDD: 2 TB HDD
GPU: GTX 1060 3GB
PSU: cant remember brand i think its 700 or 800 Watts though
Chassis: No idea

I reinstalled the device and rebooted my PC but no results, Also I tried it on my dads laptop and it didn't work there either, so since its the actual hardware would there be a way to fix it still or is it busted?