[SOLVED] CCTV data recovery from DVR

eyespider

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2014
Hi how do I get data from a 1 tb purple WD drive?
It was a storage in an old CCTV system, its not recognised on the DVR i've put it in my usb HDD dock and it shows up as unalocated data as im using win 7 x64
I'm sure there was recordings on here but someone has wiped it
can anyone provide a walkthru?
regards

Solution
It was a storage in an old CCTV system, its not recognised on the DVR i've put it in my usb HDD dock and it shows up as unalocated data as im using win 7 x64
regards
I would boot a linux USB and examine the disk that way. It is possible that the disk is encrypted by the original DVR and may be unrecoverable.

kanewolf

Titan
regards
I would boot a linux USB and examine the disk that way. It is possible that the disk is encrypted by the original DVR and may be unrecoverable.

Solution

kanewolf

Titan
I used to have old cameras at home and it was a problem to check recording from them. That is why I decided to install a reliable home security system. Now I use security devices from Ajax. But they do not produce cameras, that is why I am looking for good ones. I would like to buy wireless cams for an affordable price. The Ajax providers will be able to connect them to the system, so I will check them through an application. I am tired of all the complicated actions regarding old security systems. These new devices make my life easier.
Please don't hijack a thread. If you have a question start a new thread.