Question Certain games keep crashing?

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
So, sorry if this has already been asked or if it doesnt suit this sub, but ive been having some recent troubles after setting up a new system. I doubt the specs will be useful but can definitely supply them if needed.

So my problem(s) is/are, ive been having a couple games crash on me for some reason or another and its starting to annoy me. The ones so far are the forest from steam, and borderlands 3 from epic games. I know just from that, that its not the launcher, but they both seem to be more intensive games to be loaded. Dunno how that factors in but I thought it just might, i really dont know, thats why im here.

SO, if anyone might know any solution to this problem, any response would be much appreciated, cheers!

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
Let's first see your system including cooling .
How do they crash, just to desktop or whole computer ? Any BSODs ?

ryzen 3900x
asus prime x570 pro
asus strix gtx 970
corsair h100i platinum
corsair vengeance pro 4x8gb 3600mhz
evga g2 1000watt psu
then a couple ssds and a harddrive and a soundcard

and just the game crashing, nothing system wise. Borderlands will get just before the title screen and crash there and the forest doesnt get past the startup tab where you choose the video quality and hit launch

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
What happens when you push your computer with a stress test for 5 - 10 minutes?

memory test comes back fine, gpu test comes back fine, cpu test is going on right now and is seeming fine. did a test with restoro to find issues and it found some with steam and the games that were crashing and some others but uve gotta pay to fix them and it doesnt show wats wrong

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
What programs are you using to stress test?

Try running Heaven or Valley benchmark for 5 - 10 min.

I personally have no experience with programs like restoro so I cant say anyting if it works or not.

I guess you have updated drivers etc?

Im doing a cmos reset right now so idk for sure, i know memory was memtest64 and there was a gpu test that looks like some wormhole type <Mod Edit> and the cpu test i just know wasnt prime95, it wouldnt launch for some reason. And ya, restoro im guessing would be good if it were free, didnt help diagnose anything , just showed there were problems with the apps i already had problems with so not too helpful

Last edited by a moderator: