Changin Nework Policy on PC?

I have an old work Laptop for my personal use with company Win2000 on it. I
would like to update it Network Policy restriction prevent downloads. Is
there a way to change the Policy setting on this laptop to allow me full
access ? I am already administrator on the PC.

thank you

jtsnow wrote:
> I have an old work Laptop for my personal use with company Win2000 on it. I
> would like to update it Network Policy restriction prevent downloads. Is
> there a way to change the Policy setting on this laptop to allow me full
> access ? I am already administrator on the PC.

I don't know if this related, but once when I had to do something
similar to enable Windows Updates on my laptop, the problem was that I
had to remove my laptop from its old domain.

In XP Pro (I assume there's something similar in Win2000), I used Start
-> Control Panel -> Network and Internet Connections -> Network
Connection -> "Advanced" menu selection -> Network Identification ->
"Computer Name" tab -> Change -> Member of Workgroup

Hope this helps.

Bob Pownall