changing file names

every time i try to change the name of a file, a box comes up warning me that
i cannot change the name of a "system file" because window needs it to run
properly. well, the file "documents and settings" has the name i gave it to
start with, so why can't i change it. does someone know of a way to do it?

Documents and Settings is installed with Windows. It is not a user created
folder.
--
What's another word for synonym?

"coleman" <coleman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> every time i try to change the name of a file, a box comes up warning me
> that
> i cannot change the name of a "system file" because window needs it to
> run
> properly. well, the file "documents and settings" has the name i gave it
> start with, so why can't i change it. does someone know of a way to do
> it?

Hi

How did you manage to rename the Documents and Settings folder? If you did
manage to rename it, your system may not respond properly.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"coleman" <coleman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> every time i try to change the name of a file, a box comes up warning me
> that
> i cannot change the name of a "system file" because window needs it to
> run
> properly. well, the file "documents and settings" has the name i gave it
> start with, so why can't i change it. does someone know of a way to do
> it?

Are you talking about a file or a folder?
Where is it located? Are you sure that it is not the one that Windows
creates upon installation?
Did you happen to create another folder or a file named "Documents and
Settings"?