Question Cheapest Z790 for maximum performance 13900k without overclocking

Skywragengl

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2015
As the title says.

Things to consider:
Some Z690 version of motherboards have compatibility issues with setup I am going to use. (Lancool III and Liquid Freezer II 420 mounted on top, problem is that liquid freezers interferes with motherboard)
There is no list about Z790 versions of motherboards with that problem.

Now I ask about Z790s since in my country they are not more expensive then Z690s, but if you find a good deal on this website, link it here.
You can search up the motherboards here: https://www.nabava.net/maticne-ploce?

DDR5 mobos only

Lutfij

Titan
Can you make sure that the Z690/B660 chipset boards you have access to on that site, are on the latest BIOS versions? If not, then even picking up a Z690 is pointless since you're going to have to update the BIOS prior to dropping the 13th Gen Intel i9-13900K onto said chipset boards.

Cheapest Z790 for maximum performance 13900k without overclocking
What sort of tasks are looking to tax the build with?

Skywragengl

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2015
Can you make sure that the Z690/B660 chipset boards you have access to on that site, are on the latest BIOS versions? If not, then even picking up a Z690 is pointless since you're going to have to update the BIOS prior to dropping the 13th Gen Intel i9-13900K onto said chipset boards.

Cheapest Z790 for maximum performance 13900k without overclocking
What sort of tasks are looking to tax the build with?
A lot of multithreading, running VMs, IDEs, emulating Android etc. Occasional gaming. That's why I am also going with 64 gb of ram. But I don't know what that has to do with the question. Like I don't want my CPU to be bottlenecked by motherboard. Also local store said that Asrock Z790 Pro RS can run it without issues, but I will rather check on forums like this.

EDIT: And yes, motherboards listed probably have older BIOS