Check out Crytek's Latest Work on CryEngine 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008

...no
just because an engine is platform independent, it doesn't mean it is a port. It will run the same on computers and consoles, with the exception that you can select higher graphical settings on a computer.

I'll admit, that's pretty cool. Since it's for cinema I'm guessing it's partly to quickly roll out CGI. The tools are very impressive though so I'd like to see if they can speed up detailed game development. Time will tell

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]rohitbaran[/nom]Unreal Engine 3 looks so unremamarkable in front of this.[/citation]
Are you kidding me? UE3 doesn't look great AND is a very static engine. We're in 2011 we expect physics.

caeden

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
40 person mocap could make for some fun mob/group scenes without everybody having the exact same scripted reactions and running style! This could make things pretty interesting.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Looks like I'm right on track with upgrading in 2012, just in time to play games released using CryEngine 3.[/citation]

Im not :( looks like ill be pushing up my upgrade cycle though. Id love to get me hands on this if i can use it for cinema. it would definatly be a really neat tool.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Holy !@#$ just looked up to see how to get this stuff... Ends up the company is planning to release a version of cryengine 3 free to students for game development and reaserch! good thing im enrolling this year :D i think i found me final project! YES >.

Krnt

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
So Crysis 2 is a game with a good engine, crappy textures, low poly models and good effects.

Can't talk about the gameplay, need the full version.

I'm happy with the engine, but not the game, for now.

jasonpwns

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
[citation][nom]schmich[/nom]Are you kidding me? UE3 doesn't look great AND is a very static engine. We're in 2011 we expect physics.[/citation]

Look up unreal engine 3.971 please.

jlefebre6001

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
[citation][nom]cheepstuff[/nom]...nojust because an engine is platform independent, it doesn't mean it is a port. It will run the same on computers and consoles, with the exception that you can select higher graphical settings on a computer.[/citation]

i think that was sarcasm....

Status
Not open for further replies.