checking whether my laptop is good for gaming

Sep 12, 2018
Hi sorry if i wrong post, can someone please tell me with this spec can I play games like dota 2 smoothly ??
because i having experience like get pretty slow loading entering into the match. wondering is it my laptop problem or what ? my friend with a lower spec played perfectly fine.

Model : K551LB
Processor : Intel core i7 - 4500U CPU running @ 1.8 GHZ
Installed Ram : 4.00 GB (3.98GB usable)
Processor Graphics in use: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
System type : 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition : Windows 10 Home sing language
Memory : DDR3L 1600(O.C.) MHz SDRAM, OnBoard Memory 4 GB
Graphic : NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 740M with 2GB DDR3 VRAM

Solution
Yep, looks like more RAM will certainly help. Your computer is using the page file (virtual memory) a lot and you can see that is also maxing out your hard disk.

Adding RAM will take the burden away from the drive, but you might also consider an SSD if you don't have one.

In the meantime. You can also try uninstalling applications you aren't using, particularly automatic update tools for various common software like Java and Adobe. They use resources for pretty much no reason. Make sure your browsers are closed, etc.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
4GB of memory is a bit small. What is the memory usage when you are gaming?

Temperatures are always worth monitoring. If the CPU is throttling that can greatly effect performance. Same with the GPU.

By the specs, you are right, it shouldn't have too much trouble running LoL and Dota2.

Sep 12, 2018

hagczp
hagczp

https://ibb.co/hagczp << link of my cpu performance (doesnt show duno why lol..newbie here)
so should i upgrade my ram to at least 8gb and will adding that improve my performance ?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yep, looks like more RAM will certainly help. Your computer is using the page file (virtual memory) a lot and you can see that is also maxing out your hard disk.

Adding RAM will take the burden away from the drive, but you might also consider an SSD if you don't have one.

In the meantime. You can also try uninstalling applications you aren't using, particularly automatic update tools for various common software like Java and Adobe. They use resources for pretty much no reason. Make sure your browsers are closed, etc.

Solution