Chieftec 600W or Toughpower 600W for SLI

archangel32

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015
Hi guys,

This is probably the questions that should have been asked 10 years ago but I have to ask it now.

I'm not spending too much time on computer, and when I do, I'm just playing some old title games with my friends, no new titles or whatsoever.. As I have old 8800GTX that still punches quite hard, and I'm getting another one from my friend, I'm planning on putting them in SLI. I do know that I need a new PSU, and I am on very limited budget so the only PSU's I can afford at the moment are Chieftec 600W or TT 600W. Now, I'm not really familiar with all those connectors that come with each PSU so I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter. Is any of those PSU's strong enough to give juice to these 2 oldies? Besides that I'm running on C2Q Q6600 4x2.4Ghz, 8GBs DDR2 800Mhz.

I don't really need any recommendations for new computers because as I already mentioned it - I don't use computer very much. I just want to know if those PSU's are strong enough?

Have a pleasant day/night!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from archangel32 : "Chieftec 600W or Thermaltake Toughpower 600W for 2x8800GTX"