Chinese iPhone 5 Clone Emerges, Features Android as OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Apple should sue Google for this. It's not enough that Google stole many features of iOS, but now they're enabling hardware theft by making their copycat OS available to anyone.

ToKiiNz

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
if i can i might pick one up and see how bad they are. and killerclick android is available to anyone who wants to make a cell phone i believe.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Apple should sue Google for this. It's not enough that Google stole many features of iOS, but now they're enabling hardware theft by making their copycat OS available to anyone.[/citation]

You make it sound as if iOS is an original Apple product.
Do a little research before making yourself foolish :)

Neither the OS not the CPU are at their most basic level Apple designs. The CPU for instanc is a RISC based chip; certainly not something Apple dreamed up.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
To be fair to all the Apple fans, that IS indeed a case where a manufacturer has gone to far and makes the Chinese look bad. However, I am pretty certain that it is only a matter of time until the Chinese government begins to put restrictions on this sort of thing as it will begin to backfire.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]To be fair to all the Apple fans, that IS indeed a case where a manufacturer has gone to far and makes the Chinese look bad. However, I am pretty certain that it is only a matter of time until the Chinese government begins to put restrictions on this sort of thing as it will begin to backfire.[/citation]

And how exactly would it backfire as long as the manufacturers don't try to become bold and market outside of China?

This is going straight into oblivion. I don't even think it will have a good market in China, let alone elsewhere. People that would buy that are the same people that buy fake brand-name watches, for instance; all they want is a shiny carcass around some crappy guts. This is not a phone for Android users, it's a phone for fools.
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Apple should sue Google for this. It's not enough that Google stole many features of iOS, but now they're enabling hardware theft by making their copycat OS available to anyone.[/citation]
This is so full of fail, IDK where to begin. Just... go back and read something about stuff you're trying to discuss before embarrassing yourself.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]And how exactly would it backfire as long as the manufacturers don't try to become bold and market outside of China?[/citation]

Outside companies outsourcing to other countries.
My Ex is the chief designer of a European fashion house. She used to fly to Hong Kong several times a year as a substantial part of the manufacturing was done in China. They had 'problems' with copycat products from China.
Well, guess what, lately she flies to New Delhi or Istanbul instead... !

China is not the only country with cheap manufacturing capabilities.

f-14

Distinguished
how is ZoPhone's lawsuit patent on the iPhone5 going since they did file and patent it before apple did and even had a working product on store shelves before apple even had a working product?

no mention of this patent infringement is made in this article let alone it's progress against apple.

G

Am I crazy or do those specs actually look pretty good for $199?

Hey Apple's not alone. So I assume you all are just fine with the Samsung Galaxy S3 clones. Hopefully Apple and others will pull away from China and manufacture their phones and products elsewhere.

HDC Galaxy S3 Review - http://android-sale.com/hdc-galaxy-s3-i9300-phone.html
hdc_galaxy_s3.jpg

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]monkeymonk[/nom]how come china gets away with counterfeiting everything[/citation]
They don't have strict laws on this kind of stuff. The Chinese government can care less as long as they get more cash flow. I've seen a real Samsung phone that looks like an iPhone 4 (but has the home button styled like the Galaxy S2) in China and uses Android, I'm surprised there was no news about that a while ago.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]This is going straight into oblivion. I don't even think it will have a good market in China, let alone elsewhere. People that would buy that are the same people that buy fake brand-name watches, for instance; all they want is a shiny carcass around some crappy guts. This is not a phone for Android users, it's a phone for fools.[/citation]

If you thought the Apple craze in the US was bad enough, you should the urban parts of China visit. Apple's stuff are symbols of wealth, and a lot of people want one.

There's a reason why clothing rentals are also a viable business in China. Make yourself look wealthier, without paying full price for the designer clothing.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]This is going straight into oblivion. I don't even think it will have a good market in China, let alone elsewhere. People that would buy that are the same people that buy fake brand-name watches, for instance; all they want is a shiny carcass around some crappy guts. This is not a phone for Android users, it's a phone for fools.This is so full of fail, IDK where to begin. Just... go back and read something about stuff you're trying to discuss before embarrassing yourself.[/citation]

take a look at many of the chinese knockoffs...
most of the time if you can get it cheap, as in they aren't trying to tell you that its apple, you get a very capable device, in some cases, better than the origional.

granted im doubting this one will beat the iphone in speed, but that it cant be a decent phone or music device for 200$, thats takeing it a bit far.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]to bad it has all the bloat-ware that the android is known or...this is the main reason why I purchased an iphone5....[/citation]
Android doesn't have bloatware the carriers add their own bloat but Android itself probably has less bloatware than iOS does. I do wish carriers would back out and stop adding their own apps though.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Google makes no hardware so they can't be held accountable for hardware theft, how your mind got there I have no idea. As for features how is you notification bar working for you? That is an iOS ripoff from Android BTW o yea and those nice widgets Apple plans on adding are from Android as well. Oh and opening apps from lock screen, Android did it first Apple ripped off.

fat_panda

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]take a look at many of the chinese knockoffs... most of the time if you can get it cheap, as in they aren't trying to tell you that its apple, you get a very capable device, in some cases, better than the origional. granted im doubting this one will beat the iphone in speed, but that it cant be a decent phone or music device for 200$, thats takeing it a bit far.[/citation]

That's the stupidest thing I've heard all month. Yeah and I can plagiarize as long as I write a better paper than the original...please.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]fat_panda[/nom]That's the stupidest thing I've heard all month. Yeah and I can plagiarize as long as I write a better paper than the original...please.[/citation]

look at this
"People that would buy that are the same people that buy fake brand-name watches, for instance; all they want is a shiny carcass around some crappy guts. This is not a phone for Android users, it's a phone for fools."

specificly

"all they want is a shiny carcass around some crappy guts"
it at no point says the thing wont function, let alone function well.

"This is not a phone for Android users, it's a phone for fools."
if you know you are getting a knockoff, and you are getting it at a cheap price, i see no problem in buying it.
lets say this phone is good, not great but good. and a similar preforming phone costs 400$
it may just be me, but i am going to get the cheaper one.

yay someone privileged the design, i could not possibly care less about that. we constantly see apple sue over design patents, we constantly complain about them doing so, and we constantly say design shouldn't be patent able. and when someone comes around, makes a phone that really i'm assuming is copying the design only, with different guts and a different core, i cant care less.

sure, if its like most counterfeit things like this, something is skimped on, most likely the battery.
if you know its counterfit, you know the risks, and weren't ripped off, i see no problem in this at all.

and like i said, there is nothing holding this back from being a decent phone, and possibly beating out others in its price range.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
This company got the design patent rights to the chinese market before Apple did, so if Apple did enter the Chinese Market, this company would sue them for design infringements.

Status
Not open for further replies.