Chinese Tablet Maker May Sue Apple Over iPad

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UbeRveLT

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
I would say these dirty Chinese found out Apple was making this iPad and decided to make something similar, then sue Apple once they released it.

Seems like an opportunity to make a quick fortune. Dirty bastards.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]I don't see the resemblance. The P88 is better then the iPad. Maybe if they p88 was alot worse they can sue them for infringement.[/citation]

lol. Better than the iPad? I'm not huge iPad fan but to say this cheap Chinese knock off sporting a whopping 1 hour of batter life is better than the iPad is pretty funny, even coming from such a rabid PC fanboy such as yourself.

indoorsman

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
[citation][nom]haze4peace[/nom]At least the Chinese tablet sports a widescreen display...[/citation]
I was wondering if anybody noticed that. The fact that it's widescreen and the iPad is not also makes their case weak?

volky2wagon

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Scrutiny, Apple is revolutionary by bringing out an iPad hell I own an Ipod touch 3rd gen, and frankly its awesome. I've been using Windows since before the days of DOS. See DOS run lol.. It was good. But for another company to come in and wine about something isn't fair, its like saying the Motorola Cliq and LG Eve look the same and have the same cpu which they do and then Motorola suing LG because of it. Cat and Mouse. Besides they have no claim because the iPad has the same bloody looking shell that the iPod touch has but 3 times bigger. I rest my case.

smleth

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]I have to LOL at just about any Chinese company suing an American company for ripping off their product designs.[/citation]

I wouldn't consider Apple an American Company just because they have their head quarters here. Their product actually has to be made here for them to really be an american company.

smleth

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]lol. Better than the iPad? I'm not huge iPad fan but to say this cheap Chinese knock off sporting a whopping 1 hour of batter life is better than the iPad is pretty funny, even coming from such a rabid PC fanboy such as yourself.[/citation]

And now you sound ignorant. I am sure the batty life was the only reason the guy said it was better... Sure...

I would say it is better on several counts. Not made by Apple, even though it is probably built in the same manufacturing facility in China... It was First..... It's Wide Screen, and last but certainly not least. It is actually running an OS (even if it is XP), not Phone software.

tiktianc

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
Hey, wasn't China that country that was lending huge amounts of money to the US, so they could bail out all their companies?

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I don't know, all laptops also look alike, are manufacturers suing themselves all over the place? Is this type of lawsuit allowed?

mrmike_49

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
the original concept comes from the Webpad, by National Semiconductor, about 10 years ago. I think that Honeywell and maybe 1 other company actually made a webpad, Didn't sell, too expensive and integration not ready yet

mrmike_49

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
the original concept comes from the Webpad, by National Semiconductor, about 10 years ago. I think that Honeywell and maybe 1 other company actually made a webpad, Didn't sell, too expensive and integration not ready yet

G

I'd be ashamed to even put out a tablet product still running XP. That thing is ugly. China does not know design at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.