CHK - Lure Question

Lure
{1}{G}{G}
Enchant Creature
All creatures able to block enchanted creature do so.

Setup:
I have no creatures in play under my control
My opponent has three creatures in play - say 3 Orochi Leafcallers

On my turn I play Lure on one of my opponent's creatures.
On my opponent's turn he/she attacks with the Lure-enchanted creature

Question:
Does my opponent's other 2 creatures block my opponent's attacking
Lure-enchanted creature due to Lure?

I guess the larger question is: ANY creature available to block, whether
mine or my opponents, must block an attacking Lure-enchanted creature. Is
this so?

Thanks in advanced for you replies,
NazMan

"NazMan" <cnazario@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
> Lure
> {1}{G}{G}
> Enchant Creature
> All creatures able to block enchanted creature do so.
>
> Setup:
> I have no creatures in play under my control
> My opponent has three creatures in play - say 3 Orochi Leafcallers
>
> On my turn I play Lure on one of my opponent's creatures.
> On my opponent's turn he/she attacks with the Lure-enchanted creature
>
> Question:
> Does my opponent's other 2 creatures block my opponent's attacking
> Lure-enchanted creature due to Lure?
>
> I guess the larger question is: ANY creature available to block,
whether
> mine or my opponents, must block an attacking Lure-enchanted creature. Is
> this so?

No. You must attack an opponent, never yourself. Thus, you cannot block your
own attacking creatures. This means that your opponent's Lure-enchanted
creature gets through untouched (because there can be no legal blockers).
However, if you had 10 (untapped) creatures in play, you would be forced to
block the Lure-creature with all 10. Lure is something you generally don't
want to play on an opponents creature. Sometimes, yeah, but usually not.

--

KB

first initial last name AT gmail DOT com

"NazMan" <cnazario@cinci.rr.com> writes:
> Lure {1}{G}{G} Enchant Creature
> All creatures able to block enchanted creature do so.
>
> Setup:
> I have no creatures in play under my control
> My opponent has three creatures in play - say 3 Orochi Leafcallers
>
> On my turn I play Lure on one of my opponent's creatures.
> On my opponent's turn he/she attacks with the Lure-enchanted creature
>
> Question:
> Does my opponent's other 2 creatures block my opponent's attacking
> Lure-enchanted creature due to Lure?

No.

> I guess the larger question is: ANY creature available to block, whether
> mine or my opponents, must block an attacking Lure-enchanted creature. Is
> this so?

Any creature able to block it must do so. The only creatures that can
block are those controlled by the defending player (you in this
case). Creatures that other players control can't block.

> Thanks in advanced for you replies,

You're very welcome. Keep on asking if you have any more questions.

--
Peter C.
"I know I can count, I've done it before. No, wait a minute...."

NazMan wrote:

> Lure
> {1}{G}{G}
> Enchant Creature
> All creatures able to block enchanted creature do so.
>
> Setup:
> I have no creatures in play under my control
> My opponent has three creatures in play - say 3 Orochi Leafcallers
>
> On my turn I play Lure on one of my opponent's creatures.
> On my opponent's turn he/she attacks with the Lure-enchanted creature
>
> Question:
> Does my opponent's other 2 creatures block my opponent's attacking
> Lure-enchanted creature due to Lure?

Um, no. They can't. Lure doesn't make impossible blocking possible,
it only requires blocking where it *is* possible.

> I guess the larger question is: ANY creature available to block,
> whether
> mine or my opponents, must block an attacking Lure-enchanted creature. Is
> this so?

Well, yes, every available creature must block. But you can't block during
your own turn and you can't block your own creatures. So your opponent's
creatures *aren't* available.

--
Christopher Mattern

"Which one you figure tracked us?"
"The ugly one, sir."
"...Could you be more specific?"

NazMan <cnazario@cinci.rr.com> wrote:

> Lure
> {1}{G}{G}
> Enchant Creature
> All creatures able to block enchanted creature do so.
>
> Setup:
> I have no creatures in play under my control
> My opponent has three creatures in play - say 3 Orochi Leafcallers
>
> On my turn I play Lure on one of my opponent's creatures.
> On my opponent's turn he/she attacks with the Lure-enchanted creature
>
> Question:
> Does my opponent's other 2 creatures block my opponent's attacking
> Lure-enchanted creature due to Lure?

No, only creatures controlled by the defending player are able to block.

309.2a The defending player chooses zero or more creatures he or she
controls, chooses one attacking creature for each one to block, then
determines whether this set of blocks is legal. Only untapped creatures
can block, but blocking does not cause creatures to tap. Other effects
may also affect whether or not a set of creatures could block. (See rule
500, "Legal Attacks and Blocks.")

309.2e Each chosen creature becomes a blocking creature, but only if
it's controlled by the defending player. Each one is blocking the
attacking creature chosen for it. It remains a blocking creature until
it's removed from combat or the combat phase ends, whichever comes
first. See rule 306.2.

> I guess the larger question is: ANY creature available to block, whether
> mine or my opponents, must block an attacking Lure-enchanted creature. Is
> this so?

All creatures able to block ENCHANTED CREATURE must block it. This
excludes creatures not controlled by the defending player.
--
Daniel W. Johnson
panoptes@iquest.net

NazMan <cnazario@cinci.rr.com> wrote:
>Lure >{1}{G}{G} >Enchant Creature
>All creatures able to block enchanted creature do so.
>
>Setup:
> I have no creatures in play under my control
> My opponent has three creatures in play - say 3 Orochi Leafcallers
> On my turn I play Lure on one of my opponent's creatures.
> On my opponent's turn he/she attacks with the Lure-enchanted creature
>
>Question:
> Does my opponent's other 2 creatures block my opponent's attacking
>Lure-enchanted creature due to Lure?

No. They are not able to do so.

Your opponent's creature is attacking YOU. Creatures you control may be
declared as blockers for it; creatures you do not control (along with tapped
creatures) can't be declared as blockers for it.

> I guess the larger question is: ANY creature available to block, whether
>mine or my opponents, must block an attacking Lure-enchanted creature. Is
>this so?

If it is -able- to block the attacker, it must do so. Creatures active player
controls can't be picked as blockers, period. A creature that has "can only
block flying attackers" couldn't be picked; a creature that has "can't block"
couldn't be picked; a tapped creature usually can't be picked; etc.

Dave

NazMan, worshipped by llamas the world over, wrote...
> Lure
> {1}{G}{G}
> Enchant Creature
> All creatures able to block enchanted creature do so.
>
> Setup:
> I have no creatures in play under my control
> My opponent has three creatures in play - say 3 Orochi Leafcallers
>
> On my turn I play Lure on one of my opponent's creatures.
> On my opponent's turn he/she attacks with the Lure-enchanted creature
>
> Question:
> Does my opponent's other 2 creatures block my opponent's attacking
> Lure-enchanted creature due to Lure?

No. How could they? They're not even controlled by the right player.

> I guess the larger question is: ANY creature available to block, whether
> mine or my opponents, must block an attacking Lure-enchanted creature. Is
> this so?

Your opponent's creatures (in the above scenario) are NOT available to
block. Only the defending players' creatures can block.