[SOLVED] Chrome automatically types in phrase in website search bar

Jamezz2

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2014
For a long time, i'd say close to a year at least, everytime I open or reload a page on narescue.com it automatically types in "gloves" in the search bar on the site. It's very annoying, every single time I reload a page, open a new page, anything, it auto types it in. It does it regardless of being signed into my account. I've cleared cookies and browsing data, it didn't change anything. It doesn't do it when I get on the same site on my phone or if I do it through firefox, only on chrome. I've went through the settings and changed a lot, I can't figure out why gloves is auto filled in. Any ideas why it might be happening are appreciated.

Solution
D
remove or disable all extensions. see if problem persists. if so, uninstall chrome completely and reinstall new, set settings to default

if disabling extensions solves it, then it's an extension. time to clean house.

also do a full virus scan and malware scan with malwarebytes free version if you don't have premium
D

Deleted member 14196

remove or disable all extensions. see if problem persists. if so, uninstall chrome completely and reinstall new, set settings to default

also do a full virus scan and malware scan with malwarebytes free version if you don't have premium

Solution

Jamezz2

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2014

It was indeed an extension. I only have 5 so it should be easy to narrow down which it is. Thank you very much!