Question Chrome: freezing and blank pages when changing tabs

Apr 11, 2019
I've tried using the chrome community site to solve this problem and the reddit page but haven't been given any help so I thought I might get some help here.

I recently set up chrome for the first time on my PC (logged into accounts, installed extensions) and already I'm having trouble with changing tabs. If you leave a tab for more than a few seconds and then change back, the page appears blank for a second or so and then appears again. when streaming or watching videos (youtube, twitch.tv) if you change tabs then change back, the player will freeze. A still frame of the stream or video will show for a second and then it will return ot normal.

The really weird thing is that I had the exact same problem with firefox on my imac. currently I'm on a windows 10 PC with the chrome problem, but on my imac I had freezing of players, blank pages etc. I've used firefox on this PC for a while now and haven't had this issue at all.

I've already tried turning off hardware acceleration and disabling extensions (both manually one at a time and through incognito mode).

Apr 11, 2019
processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8gb
ram: 16gb

If you need anything else let me know, this was what I got from system info.

TRENDING THREADS