Clean case fan wiring - SOLUTIONS?

phishyfeet

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
My build is done and I want to work on cooling now. My MB has 4 pin connectors scattered throughout the board.

I was wondering if there are any adapters available that will link my fans to one power connector on the board, along with a good external fan controller. My goal is to have fans in similar areas within the case linked to the same connection instead of having wires all over the place and board. Thanks!

You don't want to have all your fans powered off the same motherboard socket, two maximum imo **Edit, off the same plug I meant**
there are plenty of fan adaptors out there though
I'd get a fancontroller,
you plug your fans into those and power that from the psu, plenty of power for all fans and you can alter the speeds as desired,
check your countries modding sites for various options though, including the fan splitters you were first after
Moto

phishyfeet

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012

Yep, the two in front of my case (on the face of the case) are "daisy chained" and powered by a legacy connector. Where can I find these daisy chain links for either 3 or 4 sockets. I think i'll look into a fan controller. Any suggestions?

phishyfeet

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012

Hey I'm running with a Carbide 400R after seeing the YouTube review of it I was sold. Decent mid range case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139008

Thanks for the link to the fan, I am not really a fan of led fans because it looks kiddish when you bring the women into the room lol.

Wow but you cannot beat that price for the air it pushes. Maybe i'll buy two and just mount up top or near the HD bays. Thanks again :p Any recommendations on a fan controller?

AlderonnX

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Fan controller is one of the next things i want to add to my build.

If you look at the fan in the bottom of my case that's a CM Sickleflow. As you can see its not glaringly bright.

oAOoOl.jpg

phishyfeet

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Yea it's not bad @ all. Did you custom paint your chassis or is that just a blue tint glow coming off from your LEDs? BTW your cable management is nice. Do you purposely leave your side panel off?

AlderonnX

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
yeah, ford engine blue high heat paint. 3 coats http://www.duplicolor.com/products/enginePaint/ DE1601 - Ford Blue

Yeah. just took the side off for the picture.

And moto, now i know where to hide during the Zombie Apocalypse. Any wandering zombies would become tangled in the wires