[SOLVED] CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018
Hello,

Whenever I launch a Game after 10-20 mins of playing I get a BSOD (Blue screen of death) CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

It only happens when I play half intense games such as Forza Horizon 4 but does not happen when f.e. It wont happen when I play CS:GO, or if i have chrome open it will act like a normal PC should but when like FH comes out then.....

What I have tried.

Verifier ( I got BSOD after boot but went into safe mode and disabled it but It was the Sandboxie Driver so I uninstalled and everything worked) I got no faults injected on each driver>

SFC /SCANNOW (When its 100% It says that it found corrupt files while unable to fix then, so I tried "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" Command but still I restarted and after another sfc, I got same error.

Updating all my drivers

Updating Windows

Resetting BIOS

Resetting Overclock on CPU

I also managed to get a automatic memory dump so here is the link:
http://www.filedropper.com/memory

My PC Specs:

i7-4790k
32GB DDR3 RAM
Z97M MOTHERBOARD
GTX 1080
600W CORSAIR CX600

Please help,
Thank you,
Kuba

Solution
what was the message you got from dism?

have you cleaned dust from inside case recently?

how big is that dump file? if its real big a friend I have who reads dumps won't be able to download it.
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

try running this on CPU - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Do you have newest bios for motherboard. I...

Colif

Win 11 Master

how big is that dump file? if its real big a friend I have who reads dumps won't be able to download it.
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

try running this on CPU - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Do you have newest bios for motherboard. I realise its an old board but maybe... if thats an Asus, don't grab the beta bios - I have an Asus Z97 Pro and therefore know there might be a beta bios.

Solution

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018

Do you have newest bios for motherboard. I realise its an old board but maybe... if thats an Asus, don't grab the beta bios - I have an Asus Z97 Pro and therefore know there might be a beta bios.

Hi, I havent cleaned dust since like 4 months, and its a automatic dump so its big, but ill change that to a mini dump and run the diagnostic tool, im using click bios 4 but i dont know if new versions are available, but when i get bsod ill upload minidump to filedropper like i did with the auto dump.

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018
Also, when i checked before downloading the diagnostic tool, it said i7-4790k [8mb cache, up to 4.4 ghz]

But i overclocked mine to 4.6 but that was before bios reset.

Maybe that have something do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.