[SOLVED] CMOS battery failure

Feb 3, 2019
I have had the problem of CMOS battery failure. As I was unexperienced about how to change CMOS battery, though I have studied much about how to do this. When I tried to push the coin cell out, the holder in which cion cell is, has broken , now suggest me what should I do now.

Solution

If you can slip a small plastic wire tie behind the holder...that is between the holder and the PWA, and between the two leads that solder the holder to the board. Then place the battery in the holder and tighten the strap just enough to hold it in. Anticipate how it will all go together and locate the wire tie's plastic grip head to provide a 'bump' that helps hold the battery snuggly in.

You have to be careful doing this, don't force it. I've seen it...

If you can slip a small plastic wire tie behind the holder...that is between the holder and the PWA, and between the two leads that solder the holder to the board. Then place the battery in the holder and tighten the strap just enough to hold it in. Anticipate how it will all go together and locate the wire tie's plastic grip head to provide a 'bump' that helps hold the battery snuggly in.

You have to be careful doing this, don't force it. I've seen it done a couple times and worked well. I even seem to recall getting some PC's delivered with this done on a perfectly good board as it prevents the button cell popping out in shipping. But then, it doubtless depends on the type of coin cell holder too.

You have to be careful doing this, don't force it. I've seen it done a couple times and worked well. I even seem to recall getting some PC's delivered with this done on a perfectly good board as it prevents the button cell popping out in shipping. But then, it doubtless depends on the type of coin cell holder too.

And oh..it may be obvious but in case not...DO NOT USE one of those plastic coated metal ties that are used to tie up cables in new devices. Just don't.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS