Question Coil whine from GPU - but only in non-FPS games

The Electro Machine

Commendable
BANNED
Jan 28, 2021
So recently I started to play games after a few years of ditching them all together. For now am playing titles that are 4-12 years old

I have a brand new GIGABYTE Radeon RX 6700 XT GAMING OC 12GB [GV-R67XTGAMING OC-12GD] which, aside from issue with fans, behaves in a way that drives me mad. In FPS games it seems to work A-OK- in that it does not produce any coil whine or so small that it is audible to me only when I sit next to my GPU. But in strategy / tactical games I get unbearable noises

Is this OK- i.e. FPS games are drawn in a totall different way than games that show some terrain with small details? Or is this a wrong impression and it is only by accident- i.e. on the account of [limited number] of peculiar titles that I have tried out so far?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage , age, condition?

https://clevercreations.org/what-is-coil-whine-how-to-fix/

This:

"For now am playing titles that are 4-12 years old "

Overall, the problem may not be FPS per se.

Could be more related to the older games that are not as "efficient" and demand more power (CPU) which changes the vibrations and thus when you hear or do not hear coil whine.

Just my thoughts on the matter....

The Electro Machine

Commendable
BANNED
Jan 28, 2021
My coil whine comes out from the GPU- I have a 1m riser, so I am able to relocate that GPU thus coil whine in the room. And the same whining is also present without the riser being used as intermediary

All of my components are high end quite new. I have no coil whine during office work, surfing web or even when using Smooth Video Project 4 Pro for drawing 50 extra frames in 2160p movies on a 3840 x 1600 screen

The Electro Machine

Commendable
BANNED
Jan 28, 2021
Now my GPU makes more noises than ever. And I am unable to stop the fans with software

As I had and still have many various problem with my motherboard I suspect that it is that hardware that is the culprit of being unable to execute proper control