Comcast Goes Extreme With 105 Mbps Service

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

retirepresident

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Comcast is losing huge large subscribers base. Last year Comcast lose over 2 mil subscribers. That what happen when GOOD OLD CORP gets GREED. China offer up 100mbps and down 50mbps for 50 per month 5-10 year ago. USA Corp just loves to SCREW AMERICAN customers but its are fault.

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Verizon Already launched the 150/50 service and thats dedicated so you dont have to worry about what your neigbhors are doing with their connection. Also no bandwidth cap.

vir_cotto

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
[citation][nom]zkevwlu[/nom]You want outrages prices? I direct you to the package listing of the dominant ISP here in Canada.http://tinyurl.com/m5mznw$20 can't even get you a 512 kbps connection. Maybe I should move to Europe when I graduate...[/citation]

Those are terrible prices, I guess I have to be grateful!

I pay $30 a month for 10Mbps down and 2Mbps up.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]wasabiman123[/nom]Does verizon fios have a dl cap?[/citation]

FiOS has no cap, and Verizon doesn't throttle their service either, something Comcast is notorious for doing. Sure, they will be glad to sell you faster service capability - but they don't guarantee you'll get it of course, and reserve the right to restrict it as much as they want. And, they do.

;)

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
[citation][nom]TheCapulet[/nom]Yah! Now we can pay more to hit our download cap in 48 hours instead of 15 days!Comcast seriously has to be one of the absolute worst companies of our generation.[/citation]
Not really. As far as internet goes Comcast is not bad at all. CenturyTel has to be the worst, extremely slow and expensive DSL, blocked ports, awful uptime. Everywhere I've had CenturyTel it's been like this.

G

To the people in the US complaining about 250gb cap... you guys should have been in Canada when they tried to implement Usage Based Billing which would give everyone a 25 gig cap and charge insane fees in the dollar range per gigabyte after that!

mpyusko

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
I have 20/1 via TW. They tried rolling out a cap here in our market but it was fought heavily by both consumers and eventually politicians. It was going to be like a 60 - 80GB cap with $1/GB overage. They withdrew pending "consumer education." Because I use 80GB/mo they classify me as a "heavy user". I stream Netflix, Hulu, and d/l a linux distro or 2 from time to time. Heck, if I install Windows, that's 3GB of updates before your even started. I pay for the service. And honestly, I rarely ever peg the line. I can have 6 simultaneous downloads from 6 different servers and still have room to spare. Most FTP sites won't serve more than 2Mbps and most shared hosting sites are ~200kbps. DoS protection most likely. I'm happy with my 20. I just wish it was 2-5 up instead of only 1. (TW's standard tier in this market is 10M/768k).

G

I've got 4 computers with 50 gig hard drive backup images that I back up every week. I can only upload 5 images a month? That's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS