Company Sells Standard-Def as HD for 8 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Oh nice, Apple slipped into the article, that will get you more hits no doubt.
+1 from me and I agree, BluRay and DVD look the same if you are a clueless mac user

Efrayim

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
LOL Steve Jobs = god that's great....
Well when I compare standard DVD movies to HD movies I see a big difference. This story was more funny then interesting, but I'm glad you guys posted it.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
Jane,
Usually you're no where near as bad (if at all) as the other two I continually complain about, but I really have a problem with this last paragraph. Ugh.
"What do you guys think of this story? We find it hard to care. While we will concede there is a difference between standard definition and high def, there is no Blu-ray drive present in Apple products. God Steve Jobs himself declared the devices a "bag of hurt" and ever since then, we've found we've been using our own less and less."

wavebossa

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
Mr. Terry Bull, founder and CEO, I must say that your surname suits you well because you're entire defense is nothing more than bullshit.

How does this help people's self esteem, self-perception and the economy? It's not like you were selling blu-ray boxed dvds at DVD PRICE, you were selling blu-ray boxed DVDs at BLU-RAY PRICE. And regardless of your intentions, its still FRAUD. It's like selling a fake rolex at true rolex price and then claiming it helps people's self-esteem to buy a knockoff at full price.

This guy is total scum, and needs to go jail. Maybe in prison he can think up a better excuse.

And by the way, there actually is a difference between blu-ray and dvd, you idiot.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]curnel_d[/nom]Jane,Usually you're no where near as bad (if at all) as the other two I continually complain about, but I really have a problem with this last paragraph. Ugh. "What do you guys think of this story? We find it hard to care. While we will concede there is a difference between standard definition and high def, there is no Blu-ray drive present in Apple products. God Steve Jobs himself declared the devices a "bag of hurt" and ever since then, we've found we've been using our own less and less."[/citation]

[citation][nom]wavebossa[/nom]Mr. Terry Bull, founder and CEO, I must say that your surname suits you well because you're entire defense is nothing more than bullshit.How does this help people's self esteem, self-perception and the economy? It's not like you were selling blu-ray boxed dvds at DVD PRICE, you were selling blu-ray boxed DVDs at BLU-RAY PRICE. And regardless of your intentions, its still FRAUD. It's like selling a fake rolex at true rolex price and then claiming it helps people's self-esteem to buy a knockoff at full price.This guy is total scum, and needs to go jail. Maybe in prison he can think up a better excuse. And by the way, there actually is a difference between blu-ray and dvd, you idiot.[/citation]

It's an April fool! I was kidding!

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
that is hilarious, I figured somebody would try it and they really did some research to figure out which demographics were pefect to hit.

G

No surprise that the Maces are all ticked off about this joke. Boy those Mac heads are sure smarter than everyone else...

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]I kinda expect "Tom's to Transition to All Apple News" to be Jane's work and this Tuan's. This is the most believable one though.[/citation]

Not sure what you mean by that... and believable is sort of the point of April Fool's jokes.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]joejoethetman[/nom]No surprise that the Maces are all ticked off about this joke. Boy those Mac heads are sure smarter than everyone else...[/citation]

True. Hell hath no fury like a fanboy scorned. :p

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
I didn't really believe the story but I wasn't thinking April Fools for sure. I mean uh hello - regular DVD's do not work in Blue Ray DVD players last I checked. And what granny or technically challenged person wouldn't figure that out way before 8 months.

Not to mention, where the heck would they get a ton of empty Blue Ray DVD cases that exactly matched what they needed. Plus as someone else said - helping? Uh? That made no sense! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.