[SOLVED] Compatibility check - assistance request

Feb 17, 2020
Hi
I'm putting together my 1st PC. Despite seeing some lights, I can't get a video/screen response. Any tips welcome.
  • screen recognises HDMI source - but no signal received
  • motherboard has power as cpu fan starts up
  • I tried booting with just 1 of the ram sticks installed - no difference
Do I have a compatibility issue with my components?
Any assistance appreciated. Thx.

My components are:
Tower: Empire Gaming Warefare red
Motherboard: ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0
PSU: Corsair CX 450 - 450 watt atx power supply
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
GPU: MSI GEFORCE GT 710
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2 x 8GB
WiFi Card: Hommie PCI-E Wireless network adapter
Hard Drive: WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATAIII 6GB/s

Solution
What lights are you seeing? Knowing what the lights are and what they may indicate is very helpful.

Do you have the motherboard's User Guide/Manual?

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/B450M-HDV R4.0.pdf

(Verify that I have linked the correct User Guide.)

What you can do:

1) Doublecheck the installed components against the User Guide and also the manufacturer's website when referenced to do so

2) Doublecheck that all card seatings, cables, jumpers, RAM are fully and firmly in place. You do not what to force anything but with a new built things can be tight but not fully, firmly, or squarely in place.

3) Doublecheck the configuration settings. Ensure that all are indeed as they should be. Remember that you often...

Ralston18

Titan
What lights are you seeing? Knowing what the lights are and what they may indicate is very helpful.

Do you have the motherboard's User Guide/Manual?

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/B450M-HDV R4.0.pdf

(Verify that I have linked the correct User Guide.)

What you can do:

1) Doublecheck the installed components against the User Guide and also the manufacturer's website when referenced to do so

2) Doublecheck that all card seatings, cables, jumpers, RAM are fully and firmly in place. You do not what to force anything but with a new built things can be tight but not fully, firmly, or squarely in place.

3) Doublecheck the configuration settings. Ensure that all are indeed as they should be. Remember that you often need to apply or save some changes. Often an overlooked action.

Read the User Guide first. Pay attention to fine print and notes. Details matter.

Solution