Compatible ssd for hp envy 13-1050ea

Steve Day

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Hello,

I'm looking to install a SSD into my Envy 13-1050ea, cannot seem to get any joy from HP, although I am aware that certain Envy 13 models did have an SSD option.
Any kind soul out in the ether know of an upgrade path?

Regards,

Steve Day

tomatthe

Distinguished
Generally laptops will work with any 2.5" hd, which is the majority of SSD's. What makes things difficult is sometimes laptops have proprietary adapters on the drives that attach them to the board. I would start by determining how to remove your old hard drive and look at how it fits into your laptop. If it's just a clean 2.5" drive then any ssd should do.

This is assuming your laptop uses sata drives which if its recent enough to bother with an ssd it should be.

Steve Day

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
The Envy 13-1050ea has a 1.8" form factor bay and I do know that Intel fitted SSD to certain models, I also have the HP workshop manual for this model which is extremely detailed however I would hasten to add that it's a bit of a pig to dismantle but with care it will be O.K

Steve Day

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012

Hi adsum, I installed the SSD Kingston SSDnow V+ 180 SSD SVP18S2/256G, at same time upgraded memory to 5 GB, used Acronis True Image to clone existing hard disk, obtained copy of HP Envy 13 maintenance and service guide document number 530626-001 to guide me through the dismantle and assembly procedure.
Everything went a treat with the benefit of faster boot up time and additional battery life.

Regards, Steve.