Complete this build (Upgrading from a 8 year old dell -.-)

shift-y

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Need some help with the finishing touches to my first full build. Will be upgrading from a really old setup so the only thing i'm going to keep from the old pc is the hard drive.

Idea behind this build is gaming with as much "future proofing" as i can get, would like it to be another 8 years before i feel the need to upgrade again.

Here is what i have so far: (waiting for black friday sales etc for possible price drops)
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.50GHz
GeForce GTX 980 Ti
X99-PRO/USB 3.1
16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Storage (have 500GB of internal and 3TB of external storage from exsisting setup)

Will need:
Power supply (that can handle another 980 Ti at some point)
Monitor (any single monitor setup will do)
Case (nothing flashy, a black brick is fine)
Other (Open to suggestions)

Brands (Any? Do they really matter?)
Price: Trying to keep toal build under £1600/$2500

I have had a look at the best builds under $2000 thread but want to stick with the i7-5930K/980 Ti combo as PassMark have them top rated.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
For a single gpu of dual gpu setup stick with a 5820k the extra $s just buys more pci lanes. They can both be oced so not much difference there. It's higher scores are because it come clocked higher from the factory. Buy at least a 250 gb ssd you wont regret it..m Samsung 850 evo is kinda the middle of the road standard. Intel ssds are the gold standard.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/C83xwP crap forgot to do it in pounds but will work similarly there too

shift-y

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015

Thanks for the reply.
Any additional cooling needed? or am i ok with stock?