Computer audio jacks not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2018
I am using a Sennheiser HD558 with a V-MODA Boompro microphone attached with an adapter between. Even with all the jacks firmly attached, there is no sound output even though it shows that the microphone and the headphones are detected in the Realtek Audio Manager. Then, I tried to plug it into my phone and there was output, so I reinstalled the audio drivers but I still can't get sound out of my headphones and input through my microphone.

EDIT: On occasions I hear static through my headphones as I plug my headphones in the jack.

Mar 11, 2018

Yes, all the adapters are firmly attached, the volume wheel on the cable of the boompro is all the way up, and the mic switch is fine. I tried to use another pair of headphones, but that won't work either. I guess my onboard audio chip died, I am buying a new PCIE sound card.

Mar 11, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from kush1738 : "Sound detected but no audio output at all"

Hi,

I am using a Sennheiser HD558 with a VMODA BoomPro microphone attached. One day, my sound stopped working but my computer detects when I plugged my headphones into the jack. I tried reinstalling the Realtek drivers, no use. So I bought a cheap sound card, a Creative Sound Blaster FX 5.1, and installed it's drivers. Still, it can detect when I plug in my headphones to the card but there was no audio output.

I figured it may be because of something wrong within my windows, so I completely wiped out my SSD and reinstalled windows, downloaded drivers, same problem. What the hell.

EDIT: I have tried my headphones on other devices like my phone and it works. Also, I tried separate headphones and my pair of speakers on my computer but it also would not work.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from kush1738 : "Microphone works but headphones only outputting static?"

Status
Not open for further replies.