[SOLVED] Computer behaving strange after switching out motherboard

ComputerWontBoot

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2015
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or under "motherboards," but anyways...

Today I switched out my motherboard from an ASRock X370 Gaming X to a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi (full spec list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/H6Lbt8). I'm having a few issues that make me think that something needs to be fixed:

First of all, I loaded a video game (Factorio) that I am normally able to run fine, even on my 1050 Ti. The frame rate was very low, to the point where it was unplayable. I messed around with some things and reset my computer but it was still laggy. According to Task Manager, the CPU usage was around 90% when I was playing it. I don't know whether or not that's normal. As for the GPU (no, I didn't plug the display cable into the mobo,) here's what the DirectX Diagnostic Tool says under the Display tab:

Name: Microsoft Basic Display Driver
Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
Chip Type: NVIDIA
DAC Type: NVIDIA Corporation
Device Type: Display-Only Display Device
Approx. Total Memory 16355 MB
Display Memory (VRAM) 0 MB
Shared Memory: 16355

Notes
No problems found.​

Again, I don't know whether or not this is normal. I'm just providing as much info as possible.

Here's my second issue: whenever I right-click on the desktop, my curser turns into the blue loading wheel symbol, and it literally takes about two minutes before the box pops up with all of the options like "View, Sort By, Refresh," etc. When it's loading, I am still able to use the task bar and other windows. I am just not able to click on anything on the desktop. I have reset and shut down my computer several times, but it still takes minutes to load when I right-click the desktop (left-clicking works like normal).

One last thing: I downloaded some software to update my drivers. While the drivers were downloading, I turned off my monitor and left for about an hour. I came back, and the screen was very, very pixelated, to the point where I had no chance of being able to read anything on the screen. I had to restart my computer. I have no clue why that happened. I've got an Asus 4K monitor.

By the way, I also switched out my power supply today, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Did you clean install win 10 at any stage? Swapping motherboard makers likely means all new different drivers and that can lead to the errors you are seeing.

I would clean install and see if that fixes your issues.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you clean install win 10 at any stage? Swapping motherboard makers likely means all new different drivers and that can lead to the errors you are seeing.

Solution

ComputerWontBoot

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2015

Yeah, I can't imagine that wouldn't fix it. I'll do that tomorrow unless I'm able to find another solution. Thanks.